Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 02:24 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I being overly critical?

Hey folks,

I ordered my car earlier this month, est delivery is late April. I emailed my salesperson a question this Sunday I had about aftermarket items like getting clear coat protection, extended warranty, etc. (wanted to know cost). in addition I wanted to know if he knew of a good place to get custom license plate frames.

And I called him Monday morning just to make sure he got the email, and he said he did.

Its now almost Wednesday but no answers yet... I know its only 2 days but it doesnt seem like a lot of work to get this information out to me, shesh I could probably dig this info up online after googling for 5mins

I just dont want to feel im being ignored,
What do you think?
-Kurt
Old 02-22-2006, 03:03 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

He might be off. He already sold you the car so he may not care. In my experience you're better off asking here or elsewhere and not the salesman as the majority of them don't know jack.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:24 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

at my dealership f & i handles the sales of both extended warranties and clear bras. they get the commish and not the salesperson.
but he should still put you in touch with them if thats the case.
call and ask for the f & i manager
Old 02-22-2006, 11:57 AM
canick
Advanced

In my experience most car salesmen are not like real estate agents. RE agents never really take days off and are in constant contact to make sure you don't use anyone else. Good car salesmen usually try to get the weekend shifts, when most traffic hits the dealer, so they take their "weekends" during the week when normal business occurs. During these times off it's a rare salesman that follows-up and continues customer contact. Yet, most are loathe to pass off a project to a fellow salesman so you, as the customer, wait for their return.

Truth is you are probably overly anxious since you are in waiting mode and your questions are not truly time critical anyway. If however, as the customer, you want a more immediate response to your querries during the waiting period communicate that to your salesman. If he is not responsive and this is a priority then communicate it to the dealer and get a new saleman. Or realize that quick responses from the salesman won't get your car here any faster and spend your time browsing this forum and watching on-line videos of Porsches like the rest of us did during our waiting periods and beyond.

I do agree with Jim though. It's a rare salesman that will know more than the participants in this forum for just about any topic you ask. If you truly want the truth of the thing and not a profit driven response do some search and post some questions here.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:49 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Thanks all for your input...

Yah true not like real estate agents who are usually at your beck and call 24/7.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

maybe he simply misplaced the email.

Quick Reply: Am I being overly critical?