Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 Purchase advise please

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:51 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I now have 600 plus miles on my X51 C2S Cab. Have had it up to 5500 RPM, in a very spirited breakin. The X51 is all and more that it is cracked up to be. When you really analyze the intake and exhaust changes together with different cams, freeflow exhaust type headers and a different ECU, and CF airbox etec., you can see why you reallly feel the diffence between the S and the powerkit. Today in fifth gear at around 4000 RPM just a touch of throttle (with Sport Chrono on) produced a snap of the neck that is really unbelievable. Without full throtle standing starts through 4th gear are very very quick. And the sound!! I can only say, if it is in your budget put in on your option list. You wont be sorry.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:10 PM
bravocharlie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAKLAW
I now have 600 plus miles on my X51 C2S Cab. Have had it up to 5500 RPM, in a very spirited breakin. The X51 is all and more that it is cracked up to be. When you really analyze the intake and exhaust changes together with different cams, freeflow exhaust type headers and a different ECU, and CF airbox etec., you can see why you reallly feel the diffence between the S and the powerkit. Today in fifth gear at around 4000 RPM just a touch of throttle (with Sport Chrono on) produced a snap of the neck that is really unbelievable. Without full throtle standing starts through 4th gear are very very quick. And the sound!! I can only say, if it is in your budget put in on your option list. You wont be sorry.

Great insight into the x51 package. Just image what the TT is like then!!!

Quick Reply: 997 Purchase advise please