Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed bump damage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006 | 09:09 PM
per216
Track Day

Default Speed bump damage?

Well after seeing a sign warning of a speed bump/hump, I felt like a complete idiot when I actually hit it at 25-30mph without seeing it and hearing some scraping from the front and back as I went over it.

Doesn't look like anything got torn off though I saw some scrap marks at the lower edge of the painted lower spoiler and on the bottom of the black plastic pieces the hang down infront of the front tires--I couldn't find anything scraped in back though I could have sworn I heard something scrape.

Looking under the car, I couldn't see any damage andit looks like all the mechanicals are protected by the undercarage from any potential speed bump damage but I wanted to check with you guys to see if you think I'm ok or whether I should take it to the dealer for a checkup on the lift.

Thanks in advance! Paul
Old 02-19-2006 | 11:02 PM
Red Blur
Intermediate

If everything looked ok, you should be fine. But next time you take it in to the dealership, have them take a look...couldn't hurt.
Old 02-19-2006 | 11:54 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

yeah you're probably Ok.... just be careful slamming it repeatedly isn't good for it.
Ask any 928 owner about their frame damage - they get big dents on the frame all the time

Quick Reply: Speed bump damage?