Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT Silver with Natural Leather Grey

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 10:59 AM
eric997florida
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found this on the net. This is what you get with the Natural leather option hence the price...

"Aniline Dyed Leathers: Lovers of truly natural products are particularly fond of these leathers: their unequaled, glove-soft texture adds an extra dimension of comfort to your sofa or chair. To create this luxurious softness and the rich gem-like color, aniline dyed leathers are tumbled for up to 12 hours in drums containing clear, transparent dyes. These dyes enhance the subtle variations of each hide. All leathers get better over time, but aniline dyed leathers develop a truly beautiful, distinctive patina which adds to its value. Only premium hides with the most pleasing color and texture are selected for this category, less than 5% of all upholstery hides in the world. Many grades of leather, from all tanneries, are aniline dyed and natural."

The standard leather...
"Corrected Grain Leathers: Many hides are very marred by naturally occurring imperfections or "thumbprints" such as insect bites, barbed wire scars, scrapes and other defects. To remove these imperfections, Corrected Grain leathers are first sanded or buffed, then usually embossed to restore a natural-looking grain pattern. Finally, additional color and a protective coating is applied. Some natural softness is sacrificed in the process, but the great number of hides that fit this category make this the most economical grade of top grain leather, and extremely resistant to stains and fading."
Old 02-26-2006, 01:15 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

That's a stunning car you have. What a beautiful interior! ... Wish I had ordered this leather (damn, damn, damn). Talk about luxurious quality!
Old 08-31-2006, 04:05 PM
JMaples
Advanced

I have searched in vein for pics of Natural Grey leather. This thread was the most promising, but the pics are no longer there. Does anybody have any? eric997florida, a repost perchance?
Old 08-31-2006, 09:45 PM
gweedo911
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll like to see pictures of natural grey lthr as well. Still undecided for my next car order. Can someone chime in?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:04 PM
Carbon_Ted
Advanced

Not my car, but here are a few natural grey.
Attached Images      
Old 08-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Deven
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

here are a couple, not that great, but I will try to upload some more. The color looks very dark, almost black, but in bright light, it will look like a very dark grey.

Quick Reply: GT Silver with Natural Leather Grey