Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Multi-Function Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006 | 02:34 AM
icruze
Racer

Default Multi-Function Steering Wheel

I did a search and found some posts indicating the buttons on the MFSW can be programed to do different things (OCBen I think you mentioned this as well). However, none of the posts explains how to do this. I know that you can use the PCM to program the screen button to either cycle thru the various menu screens or open up a specific one, but is there a way to program other functions? For example I would like to have one of the buttons move through the radio presets or CD tracks. Anyone know how or if this can be done? I didn't see anything in the manual.
Old 02-10-2006 | 10:18 AM
OCBen
Banned

Talk to our resident gadget guru, 1080i Addict. I think he knows how. Or wait until he chimes in.
Old 02-10-2006 | 10:47 AM
Rolf Stumberger
Racer

Originally Posted by icruze
I did a search and found some posts indicating the buttons on the MFSW can be programed to do different things (OCBen I think you mentioned this as well). However, none of the posts explains how to do this. I know that you can use the PCM to program the screen button to either cycle thru the various menu screens or open up a specific one, but is there a way to program other functions? For example I would like to have one of the buttons move through the radio presets or CD tracks. Anyone know how or if this can be done? I didn't see anything in the manual.

Yes, you can do.
Push the MAIN button below the creen and select STEERING WHEEL etc.
then follow instructions on pg. 26 of the PCM manual.
Mine is set up so the screen button on left side scrolls thru the PCM menu on the screen.
When you reach the desired screen , you can scroll (up-down) with the wheel on the right side . Then select the item by pushing the wheel.

For example , you can select the Nav. function or select AM or FM and then the frequency or when playing a CD you can scroll thru the selections (wheel on right) etc.

It sounds ( and is ) a little complicated at first, but once you get the hang of it it becomes intuitive.
Old 02-10-2006 | 10:59 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

I ditto what Rolf said. However, just forget the manual. There are two scroll wheels for each thumb, and these scroll wheels also have the ability to be pressed in to toggle choices. Then, there are two buttons under each scroll wheel. Turn on the radio, and then play with the buttons. Try different combinations and after a few minutes you will start to get the feel as to how it works.

In sum, one of the buttons under the scroll wheels simply changes PCM screens, i.e., main to audio to sound to info to nav, etc. The other button cycles through the screens on that menu. Then you can scroll with the thumb wheels and select by pushing the thumb wheel.

So, for example, if you want to change songs on your CD, you first need to use the buttons under the scroll wheels to cycle to the audio screen, and then get to the "show tracks" screen, and then once the PCM displayshows the tracks, the right scroll wheel cycles through the tracks. Note also that the left scroll wheel is volume, but if you press it in, it not only mutes, but it pauses the song too!!! That is cool.

You just gotta play with it to get it.
Old 02-10-2006 | 02:21 PM
icruze
Racer

Thanks for the feed back. I did know how to program the screen button to cycle thru the screens and then use the right wheel to get to the sub menus. I've been using this to change tracks, radio stations etc. However, it takes a number of steps especially if you are not on the right menu screen. What I was hoping was that I could program the phone pick up button and the call cancel button (I did not get the 666 option) to move through the tracks/radio stations regardless of what PCM screen I was on. I know this is probably unlikely but I wanted to check if was possible.
Old 02-10-2006 | 02:36 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

no-go on that custom mapping idea, unfortunantly.

Quick Reply: Multi-Function Steering Wheel