Sponsored by:

Help with Order

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006 | 01:55 AM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Help with Order

I have a dealer offer for an April allocation, BUT I'd really appreciate any input on options from you guys. Thanks for any input.

Offer is invoice-plus which works out to about $5,000 off base MSRP, and $7,500 off MSRP with the options below.

Are wheel spacers a must for wide-body? I don't like the Wart-look, but ... Put in short shifter in my 911 Cab, but it was an awkward pattern - are the factory installs better? Anyone opt for leather seat backs?

White C4S Cab with Blue top/interior
Full leather (FE)
Floor mats (M6B)
Heated seats (342)
Adaptive seats lthr int (P01L)
Porsche crest in headrest (XSC)
Bose sound (680)
TPMS (482)
Fire extinguisher (509)
Park assist (635)
Sport shifter (XCZ)
White instrument dials (XFJ)
Painted rocker panels (XAJ)
Leather sport steering whl (460)
Fuse box leather trim (CUJ)
Porsche sport exhaust (XLF) ... why isn't this in the order-guide?

Considering: Sport chrono (640), Nav unit (670), leather seat backs (XSB)

Also: Aftermarket 20" Techart formula, clear markers, silver crests, pedal set
Old 01-25-2006 | 04:01 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Sounds like a great deal on price. Car sounds sweet in white with Blue top and interior!!

Wheel spacers - can't answer that one.
Suggest the auto dimming mirrors - I like it, its just a simple convenience, and its fairly cheap.
Negative with park assist is that you have the sensors (I think four front, four rear) - query how they will stand out on a white car? But if you're going to bump things without them, well I guess you should get them!
PSE - I love it! I think it was inadvertently left out of some order guides but your dealer should have no problem inputting it into the order system.
I installed the OEM sport shifter after I got the car - no problems, very nice shorter throws - recommend it.
The Adaptive Sport seats have a shell back painted in a metallic greyish paint. I have already scratched mine up quite a bit - on passenger side with my 4 y/o spending a lot of time in the back kicking her feet around, and on the driver side with packages, briefcases, etc. It doesn't look bad, but its not very durable. Leather would probably look better, especially in a cab and in blue, and its probably more durable.
Get sport chrono - despite the ugly "wart" (which really doesn't bother me, but which is functionally useless as far as I am concerned), the rest of sport chrono is "must have" in my book.
Never had Nav til now and never thought I needed it in a Porsche, but honestly its great to have - even on backroad rumbles, where it can help you anticipate upcoming corners!.
Are you sure you want 20's for wheels?

Also, I saw a thread here in the past day or so, showing a leather cover with Porsche crest on the "glove box" (I don't know what you call it) on the center console - that would look very cool in your cab in blue especially with the top down.

That's my $00.02 FWIW.

Good luck!
Old 01-25-2006 | 08:21 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Sounds like a great deal on price. Car sounds sweet in white with Blue top and interior!!.....
Also, I saw a thread here in the past day or so, showing a leather cover with Porsche crest on the "glove box" (I don't know what you call it) on the center console - that would look very cool in your cab in blue especially with the top down.
That's my $00.02 FWIW.

Good luck!
Raptor - Your cab colors and options sounds awesome!

Here is the thread that jcnesq was referencing. The pic of the oddiments tray cover is half way down on the first page.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/249787-finally-made-a-decision.html

I would also suggest that you consider the rear center console in leather. I think that would really "complete" the full leather option. Also agree with jcnesq on the Self Dimming mirrors. I had them on my previous car (Jag S-Type) and don't have them on the 996 and I really miss them.
Old 01-25-2006 | 07:14 PM
gary mermel
Instructor

What dealer? Might want that 7.5K savings, too.....

Quick Reply: Help with Order