997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello and a question re the seat belt chime

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006 | 05:01 PM
texas911
Race Car

Again for the two examples you posted the chime will stop after a few seconds.
Old 01-09-2006 | 05:07 PM
Larry Harris
Burning Brakes

Onedae
While you are at it I would remove that pesky drivers door. Therefore you could explore the fresh air the door keeps from entering the car, and also watch more carefully as you are ejected from your car and catapulted to your death because you don't have a buckled seat restraint. OMG

Last edited by Larry Harris; 01-09-2006 at 05:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-09-2006 | 07:30 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

For all those who make smart *** comments, you must be either braindead or just not get it!

The f'ing belt chime is the most annoying feature on the f'ing planet!

I think me and everyone else here wears our seat belt when we get in and go for a drive.....But think of these reasons before making stupid comments...

1. I stop and pick up the mail at the box at the end of my street...I now drive 5mph down the end of a lond cul-de-sac while watching for all the kids playing and have to hear the f'ing chime drive mw nuts.....Hardly a dangerous situation - u think?

2. Drive into work and get out to open gate...drive into structure at 5mph and have to hear it all the way up to the 3rd level....Hardly a life risking manuever!

GET IT YET???????????
Old 01-09-2006 | 08:04 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

rss997: Thanks for succinctly saying what I rambled about. I HATE that I have to unbuckle to lean out to get the damn gate card to work in my bldg., and that I have to have the chime going off while I am on a hands-free call and that I have to rebuckle to drive 3 mph in a parking garage. To all you that don't understand, yeah I can rebuckle; yeah it isn't the end of the world; but it is ANNOYING AS HELL!
Old 01-09-2006 | 08:37 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

You are welcome, I am the voice of reason!!!
Old 01-09-2006 | 09:29 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Originally Posted by rss997
You are welcome, I am the voice of reason!!!
true story.
im sorry u sold your 997. the pic in your avatar is just gorgeous. it looks so good lowered like that with the 19" classics. glad you got over your illness too
regards
Old 01-09-2006 | 09:40 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2006 | 11:25 AM
Big Red
Advanced

Default How to disconnet the electronics for sport exhaust

Originally Posted by onedae
Hello everyone - this board is a great resource and I am happy to have stumbled in. I am a long time Porsche driver and just recently traded my 02 C4S for an 06 997S. Absolutely love the car but it had 2 LITTLE things that bugged me. The first was that the sport exhaust option that cost $2400 defaults to quiet every time you turn off the engine and I want it on - thats why I bought it. Thanks to the info on thiis board, I fixed that quickly by disconnecting the electronics and now it sounds great all the time. The second issue is the "police state" seat belt chime that rings incessantly for 90 seconds if you are not a good citizen. I do wear my belt when driving but I like the option of being able to unlatch on occassion without the chime going off. I am guessing that something as simple as physically removing (or somehow disabling) the chime without breaking the circuit would work but my mechanic won't touch it (liability issue I guess). I am a little handy and would do it myself (if its not too complicated) but I don't know where to begin even looking for the chime. Any help appreciated?
How did you disconnect the electronics for the sport exhaust. I have also been disappointed that the only time I hear it is when I click the sport switch.

Big REd
Old 09-26-2006 | 12:29 PM
cgng30
Instructor

I might be lucky but may be no. had taken in the car for pcm freezing up. it happened once. they said they found a faulty connector, but there was not parts replacement. any way i noticed that i dont get my seat belt chime any more. hmmm. i do not even see a seat belt display or anything on the display. I am wondering if i shoud take it back or is there some thing wrong with the pcm, or did the tech disabeled it.
Old 09-26-2006 | 03:37 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cgng30
I might be lucky but may be no. had taken in the car for pcm freezing up. it happened once. they said they found a faulty connector, but there was not parts replacement. any way i noticed that i dont get my seat belt chime any more. hmmm. i do not even see a seat belt display or anything on the display. I am wondering if i shoud take it back or is there some thing wrong with the pcm, or did the tech disabeled it.
That would be serious litigation should you get into an accident and the seat belt warning light and alarm was disabled, so I doubt they purposely disabled it.
Old 09-26-2006 | 03:41 PM
BlueJay73
Rennlist Member

Hey! Don't change the tenor of this thread with all that "techy Stuff"! This is entertaining, reading everybody tearing each other up. Now, let's get back to the seatbelt issue!

Quick Reply: Hello and a question re the seat belt chime