Driveby
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Griots has a real carbon fiber frame.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:01 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to get a frame that says "My other car looks like your piece of crap" but ultimately decided that would not be a good idea.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:33 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

In all seriousness, in my own opinion, what ever plate you get, don't get a plate that says "PORSCHE" as it really is already self evident.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:20 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
In all seriousness, in my own opinion, what ever plate you get, don't get a plate that says "PORSCHE" as it really is already self evident.
We're still talking plate frames here, right...and not vanity plates, right?

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't want a plate frame that says "Porsche" on the bottom, especially after going "Model Designation Delete". And I wouldn't use the ubiquitous (in these parts anyway) "USC Alumnus" frame though I am one, not because of.... you know. But because I don't like to flaunt my education.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

The USC Alumnus frames are now popular in Texas I hear.

Dan
Old 01-05-2006, 12:36 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

That was a great game. Except for Bush's bonehead lateral.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:53 PM
OCBen
Banned

Yeah, that was a real bonehead, arrogant move. No excuse for that. They could have scored another touchdown at that point and really put UT in a demoralizing hole, especially had not Leinart been intercepted in the end zone. Oh well, like I said, you can't expect to pull off a win against a good opponent making mistakes like that. ... Bummer.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:39 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kind of like the "PORSCHE" frame combined with the model designation delete.

The frames I absolutley cannot stand are the ones with the dealer's name on it. Anytime I see one on a Porsche I know the driver is not an enthusiast.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:15 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by AeroSmith
The frames I absolutley cannot stand are the ones with the dealer's name on it. Anytime I see one on a Porsche I know the driver is not an enthusiast.
(Btw, nice pic as always.)

Now hold on there, Josh, don't be so quick too judge. I had a dealer plate frame on my car for about a month, if you'll recall. But, believe it or not, they were paying me to advertise for them, though cheaply I might add. On the day I picked up the car I told them up front not to bother wasting one of their fancy plate frames on my car, that I didn't believe in advertising for anybody for free. Nothing personal, just my business policy. So I told them that if they were to waive the state mandated doc processing fee (~ $40-50) that I would agree to wear their plate frame & placard until my state issued plate arrived!

Speaking of plates, why do some guys feel the need to go out of their way to blur their plates when they post their pics? I haven't been able to understand that. It's not like hiding a phone number or something confidential. After all, every time your car is on a public street everyone can see your plates, so a public forum like here is no different than a public street in that regard. The only reason I can think of....OMG, is if you had done something wrong and you're trying to hide your identity.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:15 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Josh - immediately after I posted my post I said 'o-boy I just offended someone'. I like the plate on your car with the model designation delete.

Its when the plate frame duplicates the lettering on the rear that I am talkin about!
Old 01-05-2006, 05:03 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Its when the plate frame duplicates the lettering on the rear that I am talkin about!
Couldn't agree with you more.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:28 PM
OCBen
Banned

DEFENDANT:
PROSECUTOR (to himself): Hmmm, something doesn't add up here.

PROSECUTOR: Your Honor, permission to have the court reporter read back the transcript.

JUDGE: Permission granted.

COURT REPORTER:
PROSECUTOR: And when was the last time you saw the lettering "PORSCHE" emblazoned on the back of said automobile?

DEFENDANT: Ahhhh....uhmmm... Hey wait a minute, I didn't know I was going to be put on trial here. ... I swear, you gotta believe me....I didn't know.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:38 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

Originally Posted by OCBen
Speaking of plates, why do some guys feel the need to go out of their way to blur their plates when they post their pics?
I've always wondered the same ting mon?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:56 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of plates, why do some guys feel the need to go out of their way to blur their plates when they post their pics? I haven't been able to understand that. ....
Good question Ben.

I've been on forums where the discussions get really heated at times. You don't know who you are dealing with on the internet. What if some nut case you "offended" decides to even the score with you and has access to the license plate database and can put a name and address to that plate?

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:02 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

DEFENDANT:PROSECUTOR (to himself): Hmmm, something doesn't add up here.

PROSECUTOR: Your Honor, permission to have the court reporter read back the transcript.

JUDGE: Permission granted.

COURT REPORTER:
PROSECUTOR: And when was the last time you saw the lettering "PORSCHE" emblazoned on the back of said automobile?

DEFENDANT: Ahhhh....uhmmm... Hey wait a minute, I didn't know I was going to be put on trial here. ... I swear, you gotta believe me....I didn't know.

Actually, your right. My 993 said "Carrera" and not "Porsche". That was what I was thinking. Wow. Good job on cross examination!!!

Quick Reply: Cool License Frames