Sponsored by:

what price/gal gives us gas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts
Default what price/gal gives us gas?

how high to gas prices have to go before you no longer drive yo' "porsh" daily???? in europe, the boyz on rennteam are unfazed by $7.50US/gal. i expect $5 here within a year

here, when do you hang it up and get a hybrid?
$10/gal?
$15/gal?
$20???

personally, i ordred a lexus 450H for Madame and went ahead ordered 2
Old 01-01-2006, 11:50 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Why in the world do you think the gas will be $5 w/in a year??? If anything, the price of gas is decreasing!

As for your question. There is no amount of money to keep me out of my car. It really comes down to affordability. If I could NOT afford the gas, then I would buy a less expensive car in the lineup that would allow me the budget to drive a P-Car. However, gas is a minimal hit on my finances and one that I really don't pay much attention to.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:56 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

$300 for a fillup would certainly make me consider a cheeper form of transportation, but if gas ever got that high, keeping my job would concern me more than what car I drove. I don't see how the price could climb that high in the short term unless there was an oil embargo. The demand for gas decreases significantly when the price climbs past $3 a gallon, and with the decreased demand, supplies increase and prices fall.

Quick Reply: what price/gal gives us gas?