Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jacking advice...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 02:04 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...oops, I misunderstood the title to this thread.

OT! OT!
Old 12-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Oh, I think I have that one already, or at least one very similar to it. It does a good job, but I'm looking to buy one of the beefier ones that has a higher lift and higher capacity. Those usually run close to a hundred bucks or more.

Are you putting snows on all 4?
Yep Ben,...I'm off to buy a wheel wrench (I can't believe the car doesn't come with one), then ANOTHER holiday party (at the rate of parties this year I'm going to need to adjust the steering wheel soon),...then hopefully will have the time to swap for 4 snow shoes...I'll post pics when they're on board.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:26 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by boolala
...oops, I misunderstood the title to this thread.

OT! OT!
That reminds me of this skit that SNL did years ago when the late Phil Hartman was on the show. The set was that of a TV therapy group session show entitled "Slapped by a Beaver." Well the show starts off with the announcer saying "And welcome back to 'Slapped by a Beaver'", at which point Phil Hartman being late hurriedly takes a seat and joins the session already in progress as each guest in turn recounts their tale of being in the woods when all of a sudden a beaver out of nowhere slaps them across the face with his tail, leaving a visible welt pattern the size of the tail. ... Phil Hartman looking confused at first, then chagrined, stands up and excuses himself saying, "I'm sorry. I misunderstood the premise of your show." And exits stage right.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:31 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want the "king of jacks" then the one to get is the AC Hydraulics DH13ELQ...heavy and beefy with a 3" clearance height, it will be the last jack you will ever buy (except for a lightweight one if you track your car). And the AC Hydraulics jackstands are also the best ones out there - pricey but well worth it since you are trusting your life to them. Not cheap but there have been a number of group buys in the past

Quick Reply: Jacking advice...