Sponsored by:

Rubber underhang and license plate torx screws

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 12:20 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Rubber underhang and license plate torx screws

I've had my 997S a little under a month, and have noticed that whenever I pull into anything but the smoothest of driveways or inclines, the little rubber "spoiler" hanging under the front bumper scrapes the road. Will it be problematic for this to happen too often? In the event that it gets seriously damaged, is it an easy replacement?

I was also wondering which torx screwdriver I needed to get the license plate bolts off. I was detailing the car the other day and discovered, much to my chagrin, that my phillips screwdriver would not be appropriate for removing these screws. I went to Home Depot to try and buy the right tool, but none of the salespeople could locate a torx screwdriver for me, much less help me find the right number. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:29 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Buy a set of angled torx wrenches. They usually come in a plastic holder like allen wrenches and should cost no more than $5, especially at a Harbor Freight store.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Cogito
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just checked for you, T-20 fits mine but OCBen's right, get a set of different sizes for $5 to $8.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:09 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the info, guys.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:29 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fuenfer
I've had my 997S a little under a month, and have noticed that whenever I pull into anything but the smoothest of driveways or inclines, the little rubber "spoiler" hanging under the front bumper scrapes the road. Will it be problematic for this to happen too often? In the event that it gets seriously damaged, is it an easy replacement?
Being rubber it will not be problematic for it to be scraped time and time again. If anything it will wear away a bit, but that's it. I'm sure it should be easy to replace if need be.

I treat it as an early warning audible signal that lets me know not to take that grade too fast.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:11 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OCBen
Being rubber it will not be problematic for it to be scraped time and time again. If anything it will wear away a bit, but that's it. I'm sure it should be easy to replace if need be.

I treat it as an early warning audible signal that lets me know not to take that grade too fast.
Nice steering wheel! I didn't get the multi-function steering wheel on my S and am a little jealous whenever I see cars with switches on the steering wheel.

Quick Reply: Rubber underhang and license plate torx screws