Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997S with front aerokit

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 07:57 PM
poki
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correction: the clearance is 4"....someone else told me it was 3" but I measured it today on level ground and it is 4". However, I scratched the lip today going down a driveway. It cleared going up. This clearance thing is a PITA! I'm thinking of removing the lower lip which would give me a 5.5" clearance. What do you guys think? I think it would still look good. What is the stock clearance anyway?
Old 11-23-2005, 11:18 PM
itradem
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks goofy without the lip... Might as well put the stocker back on at that point...
Old 11-25-2005, 04:43 AM
poki
AutoX

Can't remove the lower lip anyway....it hides some upper parts. Oh well, just gotta drive carefully and on occassions go to the bodyshop.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:33 AM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by poki
Correction: the clearance is 4"....someone else told me it was 3" but I measured it today on level ground and it is 4". However, I scratched the lip today going down a driveway. It cleared going up. This clearance thing is a PITA!
I was very surprised with your 3" number. -20mm ride height + aero = 5.5" of clearance. You dropped it over 1", so you should be at 4" or so. Makes sense now.

Keep us aprised of the drivability of your car. At 5.5", my GT3 was a PITA, and required planning of entrance/exit into shopping centers, driveways, gas stations, etc. The low clearance contributed to the GT3 being a poor daily driver.

While the stock ride height on PASM and associated (lack of) aerokit doesn't look all that sexy, it sure makes living with the car much easier. While I am *not* a huge fan of aftermaket body styling parts, one day I may have to look to the aftermarket to change the look of the S when/if I feel the need, provided I can find a front fascia that is not as extreme as factory aero.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks good!

You should find the wing for the back soon if you're planning on driving fast (who isn't if they own a Porsche?) since you car will be unbalanced on high speeds.

Have you seen 997 aerokit in person? I didn't like the wing on photos that much but it looks much better in person.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:31 PM
AW
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I test drove a 997 with aerokit once and it felt as low as my GT2. The good news is the lower lip appears to be made of cheap disposable plastic. So I would buy a spare and learn how to replace it myself.

Car looks great. Congrats.

AW

Quick Reply: 997S with front aerokit