Sponsored by:

PASM convert

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 12:14 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PASM convert

Initially I was anti-PASM, irritated with yet more electronics on a sports car. However, coming out of a GT3, I really wanted a nice, street-oriented sports car, NOT a track car.

Now, after living with PASM, I think the -20mm option even if offered in the US, would be a mistake for me. I like being able to put a cup of coffee in my car w/o it spilling all over the place, and going to dinner with my wife w/o her complaining, while hitting the button for iron fisted body control and sharper responses for the twisty canyon drive home from work.

Anyway, PASM is not going to appeal to the purists out there, but for a sports car, as opposed to a track car, it's a great setup.

Also, I think Excellence is full of crap with their whining about PASM instability. Based on some deserted back country testing, any shifts in rear orientation are mild and not disconcerting in the least. When pushed hard, it feels, well, like a 911.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:32 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couldn't agree with you more on all counts. We have a lot of brick streets near our house and normal mode handles them beautifully. But for spirited driving sport mode is just the ticket. It's nice to be able to switch between the two. As new fangled electronic systems go this one is pretty useful. I'm very curious to see how she handles on the track when I take her to Rennstock in a few weeks.

And as far as the shifting mentioned in Excellence, I've said it once and I'll say it again, I haven't experienced the phenomenon. In sport mode the car is a rock.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:21 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I never felt a lick of anything wrong on the track. Just be smooth like your supposed to, and let the car do all the work.

Quick Reply: PASM convert