Sponsored by:

Which is more satisfying?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which is more satisfying?

Using your car to about 70% of its performance.

Knowing that your car still has 30% of its performance you have yet to tap.

The question came up in discussion with a Boxster owner as to who got more satisfaction out of their car.

The Boxster owner wringing his car's neck, or the 911 owner knowing he still had a lot of untapped potential in the car that he had yet to use.

I thought it was an interesting discussion. Anyone here have a p.o.v.?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

It is such a subjective question... I think, if driver nuts/enthusiasts they both win. Drive what you like and can/want to afford. The heck with the rest.

There are folks that buy them to just look at them in the garage. That is their joy and what they are after; there are those that just want a fun car to use as a daily driver with the bonus of being able to take their kids (extra set of seats required); those that want to extract every ounce of performance in the track and go by the mid setup of the Boxster or the rear bias setup of the 911; others just knowing that they have a monster for an engine is enough, even if they don't reach its potential...

The Boxster has, imho, an excellent style that has proven to age well, and will continue to age well, again, imho. So has the 911 for 40+ years ( I am as exited with the current 997 as I was when I first saw that poster of the 911RSR, or the flying turbo...).

Look, as long as we don't have to drive a boring car... I sure hope I never have to...

You are better off trying to understand how to extract as much as possible from your car (if you are into that). Meaning, go out and do some DEs, Rally, any activity that will make you a better driver. But again... it all depends on what drives you.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Larry Harris
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4200 RPM is only 58% of your available RPM spectrum. The remaining 42% is what a Porsche is all about. I'm still breaking in the Silver Bullet at 1350 miles, so I have a lot to look forward to.

Quick Reply: Which is more satisfying?