Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c4s coupe...better looking than a ferrari F430!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 06:22 PM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c4s coupe...better looking than a ferrari F430!!!

well i am not sure i would say it better looking but the point i am making is that i think the new 997, esp the wider body 4s,is a great looking car...imo the best looking 911 ever....but porsches never get credit for being good looking cars...i think the styling of the f430 is too busy and not as clean as the 360 or 355...the aston martin AMV is a pretty car but its too small and looks better in the db9 form....but while the auto press raves about the looks and design of these cars, the poor new carrera and carrera 4 are ignored as really good looking cars....???? the 911 general shape never gets old and this new rendition is the best. ..of course, putting this post on a ferrari web site would get me put in the insane asylum...where maybe i belong????
Old 11-04-2005, 07:25 PM
turkish_eyebrow
Advanced

I know. My sales person called me said he has a C4S Cab with the same color scheme (Black Sand) and similar options as my C2S Cab on order. Once I saw it, I was hooked. The lines on this car are simply intoxicating.

I know it is a tad heaver and bit slower (although not according to the Porsche specs.). Also, I required a ton of groveling as my wife did not like the price increase.

I bought it on Monday...but they won’t release it until Sunday night

I’ll be sure to post plenty of picks once I get my ride...what an *** on that car!
Old 11-04-2005, 07:29 PM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by turkish_eyebrow
I know. My sales person called me said he has a C4S Cab with the same color scheme (Black Sand) and similar options as my C2S Cab on order. Once I saw it, I was hooked. I know it is a tad heaver and bit slower (although not according to the Porsche specs.).

I bought it on Monday...but they won’t release it until Sunday night

I’ll be sure to post plenty of picks once I get my ride...what an *** on that car!
i love black sand..great combo....is cool in the summer also....we need plenty of pics...options???
Old 11-04-2005, 07:34 PM
turkish_eyebrow
Advanced

It has:

Full leather
Bose
Nav
Dimming mirror
TPMS
CD Changer
Crest in seat
Power seats
Sport shifter
Crono

The only option I am missing from my ordered C2S are the Classic rims.
I just found out today that they can not swap out the rims as the only Classics they have are from a C2S...the rims are too narrow. They will work something out as soon as the wheel become available to the parts department.

Plenty of pics to follow.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:06 PM
dhartger
Intermediate

I just came back from Momentum Porsche here in Houston, they have two C4s. One is a C4 Coup and the other is a C4S Cabriolet.

The width is nothing short of shocking. At first I thought it was to much, but after a few minutes looking at them it really grew on me.

These cars really need to be lowered to look right though, once that happens the look will be incredible.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Cogito
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drooling for C4 or C4S pics.
Absolutely drooling.
Mine's on the boat to GA.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:12 PM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dweiser
Absolutely drooling.
!!!hopefully not the slow boat!!!
Old 11-04-2005, 09:21 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,369 Likes on 634 Posts

plus the benefit of the porsche vs ferrari has to be build quality- especially of the interior...when i see 70's or 80's porsches- they've definitely held up compared to 90's ferraris that look like they've been attacked by a rabid belt sander after 30k miles...
Old 11-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Sobe
Pro

The wider body and bigger tires is so good looking .... worth the option price just for the better looking body .

But sorry the 430 Spider is in a deferent league , they are two different animals .

would be nice if someone would make the blacked out lights for the 997 like you see here , they look great on a black car .
Old 11-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by scycle2020
well i am not sure i would say it better looking but the point i am making is that i think the new 997, esp the wider body 4s,is a great looking car...imo the best looking 911 ever....but porsches never get credit for being good looking cars...i think the styling of the f430 is too busy and not as clean as the 360 or 355...the aston martin AMV is a pretty car but its too small and looks better in the db9 form....but while the auto press raves about the looks and design of these cars, the poor new carrera and carrera 4 are ignored as really good looking cars....???? the 911 general shape never gets old and this new rendition is the best. ..of course, putting this post on a ferrari web site would get me put in the insane asylum...where maybe i belong????
You ever read comments regarding 993 shape when it was new?

Then and still it's being quoted to be one of the best automotive shapes ever designed, and for a reason IMO.

Same thing with Butzi's original 911 design, truly one of the greatest automotive shapes ever, without a question.

And for the record, I love how the 997 looks!
Old 11-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 473 Likes on 240 Posts
Default Ask & Receive

Originally Posted by dweiser
Absolutely drooling.
Here are some pics from the Chambers Porsche inventory that were sent to me. Please note that the photos in this link are 'temporary.'
I will be posting MY OWN high res pics hopefully within the next week or so when my wheels arrive !!!!!!
New 4/4S pics
Old 11-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Larry Harris
Burning Brakes

Dave,
I'm glad you are getting your first Porsche, and what a Porsche your are getting!

Doc
Old 11-05-2005, 06:32 PM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Coochas
Here are some pics from the Chambers Porsche inventory that were sent to me. Please note that the photos in this link are 'temporary.'
I will be posting MY OWN high res pics hopefully within the next week or so when my wheels arrive !!!!!!
New 4/4S pics
sweet, post pics as soon as you get it...that is when you finally stop driving it!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Cogito
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coochas, GREAT pics, thanks!
I saved every one!

Don
Old 11-06-2005, 08:05 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 222 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Sobe
The wider body and bigger tires is so good looking .... worth the option price just for the better looking body .

But sorry the 430 Spider is in a deferent league , they are two different animals .

would be nice if someone would make the blacked out lights for the 997 like you see here , they look great on a black car .

As much as I love Porsches, I have to agree with you about the 430. The styling, performance, and sound of the 430 are simply in a league of their own. And that's not even mentioning the exclusivity factor. Depending upon your location, you may see only one or two Porsches a week on public roads. Most people will go through their entire lives without seeing a Ferrari, much less a 430 on the road.

Quick Reply: c4s coupe...better looking than a ferrari F430!!!