Sponsored by:

Add power to a 997S

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 01:49 PM
pvanhecke
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Add power to a 997S

I have a cold air intake from Fabspeed on my 997S I want to add more power without going nut on modifications. I am also a bit concern about changing the exhaust/headers and get to much noise. Is adding a Chip the best way to go?
If you guys have experience with this. Let me know. THx
Old 11-02-2005, 01:59 PM
NITEALB
Instructor

I've done the headers, sport mufflers, intake and GIAC chip tuning. the noise u get is nothing short of fantastic, sounds 10 times better than stock. i've had many people at track day comment on the sound. middle range throttle response is markedly improved. i did the mods on my car when it was relatively new (3000km) and i haven't had any issues (now 15000km)- yet! all of my kit was bought from evolution motorsports and installed by Pfaff tuning near toronto. i'd highly recommend this mod but if u want keep the stock noise, don't bother, its alot louder than stock, even in the cabin. since i've run a quarter mile 12.15 sec (despite some doubters, it is true with a trap speed of 122mph). cost me about $7500 cdn to do just to give u a ball park figure. if u want, post an email address and email u some video giving some nice clips of the sound.
cheers.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:46 PM
CButler
Instructor

Pvanhecke---Tell me what you notice in terms of power increase or sound changes since you added the cold air intake?

Thank you!

Quick Reply: Add power to a 997S