Sponsored by:

Check Engine: Return to Workshop--She's Home

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 05:07 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baboou
Great news! The question remaining is did they ever come up with a reason/fix for the problem? I get concerned when "could not duplicate" is the only solution.
Aye, there's the rub.

The actual problem as far as I can tell was a hiccup starting out from a stop sign. It felt like I wasn't giving it enough gas and the engine knocked like it was about to stall and that's when the light came on. I guess that was the misfire(s). I'm not usually one to stall a manual as I've driven nothing but since I got my license 21 years ago.

I drove to the dealer on the expressway at my usual 80+ mph. The car seemed to be running OK then. So maybe what the computer was yelling about was that one hiccup. I don't know. Coming home from the dealer today I hit a bunch of stop signs with no hiccups.

I had added some oil the day before the problem occured and might have over filled it by one or two tenths of a liter. Maybe that was it. But she's running great now.

I'm driving her to Birmingham in a month and can't wait for a good road trip. I just hope that darned light doesn't come on in the middle of nowhere.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:39 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

good to hear your car is alright and you just saved $100 for the oil change!...just don't go near that stop sign again
Old 11-04-2005, 08:02 PM
jjl
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

glad your baby is ok, but I doubt that I would have been able to stay as calm as you. I would have been bothered, or more likely, angry. i dream of the day when german cars are every bit as reliable as Japanese cars, then there would be NO reason to buy a Japanese car, since their styling/ride just don't stack up. (just bought the new Mercedes ML350, loving it so far, keeping fingers crossed.)

Quick Reply: Check Engine: Return to Workshop--She's Home