Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD player defective oon brand new car, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005 | 08:24 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

As far as I know there is no way to reset the unit. Im pretty sure there is an internal problem with your unit and its going to need to be replaced. If I were you, I would just let them worry about it.

If you want to dig around though.... The side panels are held in with screws. To get at them you need to remove the small carpet panels first. There is a screw hidden in the middle of the carpet, if you feel around you should feel a hole in the carpet and a t30 screw. Remove the screw and the little carpet panel will fall out. Under this you will see two t20 screws for the side panels. Remove this and pull the side panels out towards you. They are held in with a few clips so youll have to tug a bit. Now the PCM unit has 4 black 5mm allen locking tabs, two on each side. Turn each one 90 degrees and the unit is very close to being free. The last thing you need to do is back out a 7mm hex head screw on the passenger side and the unit should pull out. Now, since you have a cab, if you have the subwoofer on the floorboard youll need to remove that first before you can get to the side panel screws on the passenger side.

Seriously though, I would just let them replace it and not even worry about it. Again, what dealership are you going to?
Old 10-30-2005 | 08:35 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Default Thanks PTEC

Thanks for the response.

I'm in Denver.

Of course I'm going to let them do it, I'm just trying to decide if this is such a big deal that I'd just get another car. The problem is that this car is perfect, and I couldnt get another order until spring.

I guess I'll just take it, you've convinced me that is not worth any more brain damage. Besides, they are willing to give me a CD changer for my trouble.

I assume you agree with me? Take the car, yes?

Blue
Old 10-30-2005 | 09:05 PM
Cogito
Racer

Yes.
Old 10-30-2005 | 09:55 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
I assume you agree with me? Take the car, yes?
Definately. Units should be available for overnight orders so you should be all taken care of in a few days.

Enjoy your car!
Old 10-31-2005 | 11:16 AM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

FWIW, I have to have mine replaced this week along with my PSE. My CD player has issues, and sometimes it feels like playing cd's and some times it doesn't. Weird.

But they are going to have to pull the entire unit. But I don't think the entire dash has to come apart.

Quick Reply: CD player defective oon brand new car, HELP!