TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 03:20 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TPMS

Hi,

Does the TPMS report tire pressure only when the car is at rest?

Can you get this reading when your at a traffic light? [Does it take a long time report the tire pressure?]

I am working on ordering a 997s [w or w/o x51]
Trying to decide if I should get TPMS.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 10-28-2005, 03:52 PM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get it; done; no-brainer. It's an immediate effective way to avoid costly needless wheel tire damage and inconvenience. Tells you the readings at all times. If there's a warm-up learning period it's only a few minutes.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:56 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

With everyone saying you must have this or you must have that, I say all of the options are optional.

But with no spare tire the TPMS is truly a must have.

It works all the time. And yes, it seems to take a minute or two to start getting you the correct pressures (mine reads one or two pounds low for the first couple of minutes the car is on). But once there it is spot on. The TPMS readout is always upfront and center for me. Wish I had it on all of my cars.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:58 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MMD
Get it; done; no-brainer. It's an immediate effective way to avoid costly needless wheel tire damage and inconvenience. Tells you the readings at all times. If there's a warm-up learning period it's only a few minutes.

It will be GREAT for the track.

The last event I went to at Buttonwillow, my rears were very low on pressure and I didnt even know it. I thought my gauge was broken until I tried 3 others.

It would be great to see the pressure build up while I am warming up the tires and will be great from a safety/performance point of view on the track.

Do you have to calibrate the system or does it automagically know what is going on?
Old 10-28-2005, 05:03 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by crispenigl
Do you have to calibrate the system or does it automagically know what is going on?
You just have to tell it if you have 18"s or 19"s and summer or winter tires and it does the rest.

Quick Reply: TPMS