Sponsored by:

C2S vs. C2S-X51

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 03:03 PM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AeroSmith
The X51 just wants to rev up. It feels like a wild animal. The CS is somewhat more gentle. The X51 has scared the crap out of me a couple of times. The CS was within my comfort range at all times and all RPM.
I think in a few more miles the X51 will stop doing that (I'm no expert and I'm guessing). My BoxsterS used to scare me but those days are long gone. My M3 used to scare me. Got the 997s (only scares me in maxxed out turns) and now I need a new fix. Where's the upper limit to all this? I think Alain Decadenet said it right that the ideal is 600hp per ton to feel scared all the time.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:15 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The redline on my tach reads 7,200. I do not yet know if I can exceed that as I'm still breaking her in. I'll have to get back to you on this.
AeroSmith,

381 hp seems to happen AT redline then. Very interesting. I am sure you will be able to go past 7200 as the graph (on the sport coupe site) seems to plot to nearly 7500.

You prolly wont even use all those horses most of the time, since driving at redline usually only happens on the track.

In my 996, I can go at least 500 rpm past redline before the fuel cut kicks in. [Which is now a sound I love]

If only x51 were less expensive. At least it includes PSE. [$2,400]

Thanks again.
Greg
Old 10-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Dan V
Race Car

What I wanna know is: how can you guys stand to drive your Über-Carreras on public roads with all the rubbish cars out there? Even in my tired old 993, at the end of a day trip I'm about ready to go postal from all the "rolling roadblocks".
Old 10-25-2005, 04:22 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by Dan V
What I wanna know is: how can you guys stand to drive your Über-Carreras on public roads with all the rubbish cars out there? Even in my tired old 993, at the end of a day trip I'm about ready to go postal from all the "rolling roadblocks".
Definitely a joke to own these cars, if I lived in the city full time I wouldn't own one. When on crowded interstate or city streets I just drive normally like I'm in a Toyota. When the conditions get good on interstate, rural highways (cops, traffic, passing lane-age) it turns into a Uber-mobile. Then goes back to normal car.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:57 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by Dan V
Gotta pick your spots I guess. Traffic isn't too bad here in Saint Pete and there are actually a lot of stretches of empty road in Pinellas County begging to be driven fast. Bothering no one, I manage to hit tripple digits just about every day.

Also, I find this car (as I did my 996) to be a lot of fun just driving around my neighborhood at 30-40 MPH. Sure I'm not pushing the limits but it's fun to hit apexes right and never need your brakes. The 997S is a pure joy at any speed. That said I am getting a craving for PDE number 3.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:50 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm very much hoping one of the Club Coupe guys can comment on the impact of the SC's sport mode on throttle response in an X51 equipped Carrera.
Six weeks and I'll let ya know!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:25 PM
tlsmithx
Intermediate

Aerosmith, Great stuff. Could you elaborate on the sport shifter vs. standard? Smoothness, notchiness, throw, etc. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2005, 06:42 AM
zakki
Track Day

Thanks for the info aerosmith . Does anyone have x-51 or any exhaust mod on thier cab, cause i've ordered the 997s cab and was thinking the noise of the exhaust might get tiring after awhile with the hood down, cause there's good weather down here
Old 10-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Christer
Race Car

Also, bear in mind that a delta of 30hp here and there makes very little difference in the real world. Perhaps a couple of car lengths over a quarter of mile.....is it worth it? IMHO yes, but then I would say that...
Old 10-26-2005, 08:40 AM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by tlsmithx
Could you elaborate on the sport shifter vs. standard? Smoothness, notchiness, throw, etc. Thanks!
Well, that's just it. At least on the CS I drove, the sport shifter was just as smooth as the stock shifter on my car. Now I'm a big guy so maybe I just didn't notice any inreased shift effort. But I did note how surprisingly smooth it was, surprising I guess because of what I'd read on the internet. Maybe this one was adjusted particularly well at the factory. It was a very smooth precise setup. Throws were noticably shorter; though I can't say that the stock throws are that bad. It's not like I got back into my car and said, "this sucks."

It's a neat option. For grins I can see myself having it installed while the car is in for regular service. A must have? I don't know. Fun? No doubt about it.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:27 AM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

I'm very much hoping one of the Club Coupe guys can comment on the impact of the SC's sport mode on throttle response in an X51 equipped Carrera.

Did this ever get answered? My x51 with SC is coming in March im climbing the to the head waiter spot since Nov 1st

I test drove x51 without SC and im wondering how much more fun x51 is with SC
Old 01-10-2006, 09:03 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Throttle response is more "instant" and very sensitive - once you get used to driving around with it on it take a few seconds to get used to the standard mode. It does make "Heel and Toe" shifting a little eaiser...
Old 01-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Driveby
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the idea of a EVOMS intake, headers, free-flow cats, and exhaust that I can take with me to my next 997C4S than dropping $17K that will not net me a dime on resale.

My dealers (P and BMW) have never given me grief about my bolt on mods with respect to warranty PERIOD!

Quick Reply: C2S vs. C2S-X51