Sponsored by:

Porsche Battery Maximizer & Switched Cig Lighter Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

The maintainer is not really a charger. It is designed to offset the drain of "always on electronics" which will drain the battery in two weeks or so. It can very slowly charge a battery but as observed it takes forever. I would not hesitate to use it in any outlet since the current delivered is very low.

Rgds,
Old 02-06-2006, 09:40 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Question.. When you guys refer to the center console cig lighter outlet, is that the one actually in the ash tray compartment? or one of the other 12V ones. With my 04CTT, i had stupidly ordered the non-smoker pkg, and lost the 12V cig lighter outlet. I always put the Charge-O-Mat I in the 12V outlet in the rear seat console section. Would using the 12V outlet in the footwell of my C2S screw up a Charge-O-Mat II or not properly charge?? ?
Old 02-06-2006, 10:18 PM
P997C2S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it makes any difference where you plug the charger into. You do need to find out from the dealer which outlet you should use to plug the air compressor into though. It's been reported that if you plug the compressor into any outlet other then the cig. lighter outlet it will blow the circuit fuse.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:12 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
The maintainer is not really a charger. It is designed to offset the drain of "always on electronics" which will drain the battery in two weeks or so. It can very slowly charge a battery but as observed it takes forever. I would not hesitate to use it in any outlet since the current delivered is very low.

Rgds,
Thanks for the clarification, Bob.

Quick Reply: Porsche Battery Maximizer & Switched Cig Lighter Confusion