Sponsored by:

SHE'S HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 06:11 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Carrera S with Aero Kit.

And oh yeah, before I forget, Bob would love to sell you this beauty. Ahhhh, if only I needed two. She sure would look nice next to the Blue Zoomer .

Old 10-10-2005, 06:24 PM
tnunnery
Instructor

That is stunning, Aerosmith! I love that color which reminds me of BMW's Estoril blue. It suits the curves of the 997 so well. The CF airbox is sweet too!

Congrats!
Old 10-10-2005, 06:29 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

AeroSmith,

I am still picking up my jaw after having it dropped on the floor. That color is really stunning and when I got to the pictures of the engine compartment, Holy Cow, that is SWEET!!!!

Thanks for taking the time and posting the pictures for us all here!

So, how does it ride?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:38 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, thanks a lot for the pics!
That dual nostril breathing airbox is just awesome looking! ... Damn I'm jealous!
I'm so happy for you though!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:00 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AeroSmith, congratulations. You have a beautiful - and unique - ride with that X51 package. Absolutely gorgeous.

When you drove home from the dealer, were your palms sweaty from gripping the wheel so hard because you were paranoid every driver, rock, pebble, and bird was out to get you and your ride? I did not breathe from the dealer's lot until I parked in my garage - a 30 minute ride. But man I had a grin from ear to ear!!!!!

Now I need to go put a coat of caranuba on my ride cause you got me drooling about the cars again.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:04 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by JFScheck
So, how does it ride?
Thanks guys. You all are making this so much more fun for me (as if it could be any more fun!). I want you to know that these pics are all Rennlist exclusives.

I know everyone is dying to know how she drives. Right now I'm experiencing sensory overload to be honest with you. I hope you all don't mind if I take some time to form some opinions. I'm also trying to keep to the 4,200 RPM limit for at least 500 miles or so.

I only drove her about 40 miles today. I did manage to hit 103 without exceeding 4,200 RPM. I abosolutely love the note from the PSE. It's adictive. Unfortunately it's just getting good at about 4k RPM. This car is truly mind boggling in its handling and performance. Yet I'm struck by how bloody comfortable the beast is. I really need to drive her a whole lot more.

To be continued.........
Old 10-10-2005, 08:06 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
AeroSmith, congratulations. You have a beautiful - and unique - ride with that X51 package. Absolutely gorgeous.

When you drove home from the dealer, were your palms sweaty from gripping the wheel so hard because you were paranoid every driver, rock, pebble, and bird was out to get you and your ride? I did not breathe from the dealer's lot until I parked in my garage - a 30 minute ride. But man I had a grin from ear to ear!!!!!

Now I need to go put a coat of caranuba on my ride cause you got me drooling about the cars again.
You know, it's funny, having had the 996 as my daily driver for 2 years I felt very much at home in the cockpit. The only anxiety I experienced was from trying not to blip over 4,200 RPM. Other than taht I made my way through traffic in my usual brisk fashion.

This car is unbelievably smooth!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Aerosmith,

Congrats on new car, my twin brother with more horsepower.
I like your cobalt blue matching T shirt.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:46 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats. Beautiful car. I think that the options you chose are near ideal.

Had a question about the instrument cluster. Does this car come with white gauges that you opted not to get? If so why?
Old 10-10-2005, 09:57 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats the car looks fantastic!!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:22 PM
05-997Cab
Intermediate

Default Car

Great car!

Do you know of any fun p-car get togethers in the area? I live in Clearwater. I would love to see that X-51 in person with the blue.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:54 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by boolala
Congrats. Beautiful car. I think that the options you chose are near ideal.

Had a question about the instrument cluster. Does this car come with white gauges that you opted not to get? If so why?
White gauges are standard for the S. I opted for black. Before my 996 I drove SAAB turbos for 18 years. They all had black gauges. I just can't imagine owning a car without black gauges. Also, I feel that black in general is a preferable interior color as it minimizes glare and reflections. And hey, black gauges are one of the only free Porsche options for the S. I got the other free option too, which is the model designation delete. Who says there's no such thing as a free lunch...errr I mean option?
Old 10-10-2005, 11:56 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 05-997Cab
Great car!

Do you know of any fun p-car get togethers in the area? I live in Clearwater. I would love to see that X-51 in person with the blue.
I'd be happy to get together any time my wife and two young ones give me a hall pass. Any interest in shooting? Ranges are about my favorite places to drive to.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:44 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dude, you need to live up here, drive to a shooting range? Sweet, but ya gotta drive to a diner after squeezing a few rounds off!

Check your Rennlist mail, I sent you a PM with a small request...
Old 10-11-2005, 01:53 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

WOW, nice car! That blue looked great!

Quick Reply: SHE'S HERE!