Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trip Roundup

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Vintage
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, looks like Rejex is gonna get some use on all my cars in addition to the P-car when it comes. Once again the brotherhood of Porsche owners comes through with useful knowledge--thanks, guys. rss997--no sympathy for you--that's a pretty sweet looking black coupe sitting in your driveway.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:07 PM
vtach88
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage
Hey, MJones, I totally agree with you about buying a Porsche or I guess any other performance car and not driving it. There are cheaper garage decorations to be had. By the way, is there anything out there anyone is aware of to safely put on your car at the beginning of a road trip to make bugs easier to clean off? When we go to Lake Powell my boat-puller (Yukon XL) gets inundated. Don't laugh but I tried putting PAM (you know the non-stick spray for cooking) on it at the advice of a friend and it got baked on byt the 105 degrees. Took me two weeks to get it off. Just wondering.
If you wax frequently, it should be fine as long as you clean off the bugs/splatters immediately. If you can't clean them off immediately, and they become dried up and baked on, I've heard that applying very wet towels to the fascia overnight will help release them in the morning.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:32 PM
jcf7
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones

I'am not the least OCD about my car, It's all about driving it, Track, Hi-ways, gravel roads, dirt roads, rain, snow, it's seen it all since March after all it is just a car, just alot more fun to drive than the others
I could not agree more!

Quick Reply: Trip Roundup