Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

k, no more pre-owned, looking to order...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Larry Harris
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought one of the first 06 997s at my local Porsche store. It was not the color I wanted and didn't have the equipment I really wanted. I love the car but the next one will be ordered to my specs. If I'm going to keep the car a few years I want it to be "my" car.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by rebe1
The dealer said that Sports Chrono is useless to me unless I'm at the track (I tried explaining it to him, but he said that that's the only thing its good for -- I didn't want to argue). He also said that almost no one orders that option (the dealer is in NY, so maybe its different there).
That is just so ignorant--I've got a Club Coupe on order so I'm getting Sports Chrono anyway. That said, I drove a 997 S with it--as others have said, the car is like a different car with it activated regardless of street or track. It's enough to make you forgive Porsche for including the "bling-bling boy racer" lap timer on the dash

I'd sooner spend the $920 for the Sports Chrono than some of the other options on that particular car, that's for sure. You probably can find one with it at another dealer, and get a similar discount to boot. In the end, get what you want; while I would take a car off the lot with more options than I want (if the price is right), I'd never take one without the options I do want, especially options like Sports Chrono that cannot be retrofitted.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:27 PM
npp
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 06 997S has 950 miles on it, and it keeps getting better everyday. I've got the sports chrono and like others have said, the difference is definitely noticible when you hit the sport button. Coupled with 19" wheels, it's amazing. Don't rob yourself of this experience by purchasing it without the sports chrono option.
NPP

Quick Reply: k, no more pre-owned, looking to order...