Sponsored by:

Track Tire Pressures

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 02:42 PM
LvnLrg213
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Tire Pressures

What tire pressures are you guys running at the track? I will be in Sebring on Sunday and want to be prepared.
Thanks in advance.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

What kind of tires? If streets (the tires the car came with - I am guessing that's what you have) aim for 40 lbs hot. Start with lower cold pressures say 33 or so and check pressures every time you come in from a session. Bleed down to 40 hot, yes, all 4 tires the same. If you are just starting out and going more slowly, you may have to add air, if so add 1 lb of cold air for every 2 lbs of hot pressure yoou want, i.e., if you are are 36 hot, add 2 lbs of cold air. DO NOT run the factory pressures, your tires will overinflate due to heat build up!

Regards,
Old 09-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Buzz911S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
What kind of tires? If streets (the tires the car came with - I am guessing that's what you have) aim for 40 lbs hot. Start with lower cold pressures say 33 or so and check pressures every time you come in from a session. Bleed down to 40 hot, yes, all 4 tires the same. If you are just starting out and going more slowly, you may have to add air, if so add 1 lb of cold air for every 2 lbs of hot pressure yoou want, i.e., if you are are 36 hot, add 2 lbs of cold air. DO NOT run the factory pressures, your tires will overinflate due to heat build up!

Regards,
Yeah, I found this out the hard way! I ran 2 laps and my 997S started pushing the front end through every corner......then I realized I didn't check airpressure before I went out . I came back to the pits and both front tires were at SIXTY pounds! I didn't even bother checking the rears.... we just started letting air out of all of them. Do as Bob says..... your car will love you for it.

Quick Reply: Track Tire Pressures