Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wood package

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 09:39 PM
tarpon1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now while "wood" and "package" seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly; wood inlays (other than accents here and there) on a porsche seem out of place. bear in mind everyone has different tastes and this is your purchase, so at the end of the day all you should care about is your opinion. wood trim seems appropriate for a luxury sedan while leather seems more natural for a grip it and rip it sports car such as a porsche...my opinion is typically ignored by the wife, kids and dogs at home so i'll assume this will get the same level of respect...
Old 09-13-2005, 10:53 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tarpon1
...my opinion is typically ignored by the wife, kids and dogs at home so i'll assume this will get the same level of respect...
tarpon1 - I, for one, respect (and agree) with your opinion!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:03 PM
fast lane
Racer

Originally Posted by PTpeecar
looks like it should come with an anchor
that is too funny! I agree I think the wood is out of place.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:12 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Just an opinion, but I also think wood is out of place on any sports car, including the 997 [or any 911 for that matter]. It's your $$, and totally your call, but keep in mind come trade in or sell time, you are going to be SOL most likely, given the production rates of these cars and the choices that will be out there for buyers in a few years' time--I would imagine most people would prefer a plain interior or a CF interior over wood, and it is likely to deduct the value of your car by several thousand $$...

Think of it on the same plane as people with funky colored paint on their cars [i.e the Metallic Yellow M3, Orange 350Z, etc]--it may be more unique and interesting, and you may love it; unfortunately, many times when you want to sell you are stuck waiting for the minority of buyers to want your specific color rather than having a large crowd looking at your car as a potential purchase.

Just something to think about down the road
Old 09-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just cannot get a good vibe from wood in a sports car.

Scott
Old 09-15-2005, 12:07 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Maryle8802
...The irregular reddish-brown streaks imbued in this distinctively dark heartwood lend a dramatic, marble-like texture to every surface it adorns, and complements the rich leather interior accents.
Wow, that's pretty good advertising copy. Is it yours? Btw, I think your interior looks pretty sharp.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Maryle8802
Advanced

Ben, you got me... the advertising copy is actually from Porsche itself.

To be perfectly honest, I love the wood steering wheel but I am not sold on the makassar door finishes. When I am able to order the 997 S cab turbo, I'll repeat the steering wheel, add wood shifter and brake, but go leather elsewhere. The slate gray with stone gray top and gray interior I ordered without the benefit of having seen that combo before... but, I would do that again.

Quick Reply: Wood package