Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where should I stick my Rennlist sticker?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 12:17 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, I guess its not a waste of bandwidth after all. I've been pushing on the crest. But no more.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:59 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Hey wross996tt! ... Go Trojans! is what you should be saying in your sig there!
You mean FIGHT ON!!! Still a Buff fan at heart...but since my daughter is at SC I've adopted a 3 time champion (2+ this year).
Old 09-03-2005, 02:31 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 996toomey
I joined as a direct result of not wanting OCBen calling me a freeloader. Do I have to take some action to have member by my name or will it just happen?
Did I mention I get a commission on those memberships I help generate? J/k of course. I just feel that for all the knowledge and information we learn on this site, the least we could do is make a contribution that will help keep this site running and allow it to continue to pay dividends for us in the things we learn and the fun we have!

Oh, you can PM Jenn to get the red Rennlist Member badge of honor attached below your handle.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:46 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by wross996tt
You mean FIGHT ON!!! Still a Buff fan at heart...but since my daughter is at SC I've adopted a 3 time champion (2+ this year).
Yes, of course, FIGHT ON!!! Didn't know you knew the fight song and slogan. I just went there for grad school so I really didn't get caught up in all that school spirit stuff that the undergrads typically do. During football season when I sometimes wear my SC sweatshirt and right before a big game I'm often caught off guard when someone flashes me the two finger V sign for victory while shouting out "FIGHT ON!" But I've always followed their football program and cheered on the team even during the lean years right up until Pete Carroll showed up and turned the program around, and how! Hey, I like your positive attitude, but don't jinx us with that prediction! Kickoff is only 17 hrs away!
Old 09-03-2005, 03:57 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-03-2005, 08:26 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Did I mention I get a commission on those memberships I help generate? ...

Oh, you can PM Jenn to get the red Rennlist Member badge of honor attached below your handle.
Ben - Yes, you will get a commission for those memberships. They are going to send one extra sticker for each additional membership generated!
Old 09-03-2005, 11:55 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OC Ben is always calling people names....I must admit I am a UCLA Fan...let the flames begin!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:56 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Default I love this car

Last night I had the opportunity to drive the car for the first time. What I mean is… I did not just get to drive the car. I got to drive the car.

My instructions were simple. Meet the wife and kids at her sisters house by 6:45 for dinner to kick off the Bar Mitzvah weekend for her sister’s son. Many people expected at this dinner from out of town, etc., and my wife left early with the kids. I had to work and would meet her there at 6:45. The command was simple: Do NOT be late.

The trip is 50 miles from Baltimore to Potomac, MD. The vectors beg for the 911: 7 miles of twisties out of my house to the Beltway; Beltway to the Route 70 straight away; Route 70 to the Route 29 straight away; Route 29 to the Route 198 semi-twisty farmland 2 lane road, direct to Potomac. Traffic is light at this time of day. Had I left at 5:30, no worries. However, I naturally had to QD the ride, clean the windows, and then nature called. Problem: It was 5:50 now, and I was officially on the negative float. It was time to leave, now.

So I fired her up, turned on Sport/PSE, and hit it.

Let me set this scene for you. The sun is setting. I am averaging speeds of 50 – 85 MPH, the PSE distinctly roaring over the Springsteen I am listening to on the Bose system. I have the bass turned all the way up to feel the mighty drums of Max Weinberg and the bass guitar of Gary Tallent reverberate throughout my body. I feel every single bump in the road, my body pressed snugly into the adaptive sport seats and my head pinned against the head rest with the sun glaring into my eyes through my sunglasses. Every 5 minutes or so I glance at the dials and then back at the road – and in 2 seconds I have complete readings of oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, fuel level, and tire pressure. Wind blowing into my face as I gently but aggressively maneuver through traffic to pick up minutes. Wait! A deer 200 yards away on the side of the road! 80 to 30 in 3 seconds as I test the PCCBs and they work flawlessly as the restraints press against my chest and lap. Danger is over, and I drop it into 3rd and I’m back to speed 10 seconds later. I arrive at 6:52 and get the kiss hello instead of the ‘eyes’ that I so dread when I am in big trouble. All this without exceeding 4200 RPM!

This was a drive. I love this car. This was the most exhilarating I have ever felt driving an automobile. What a sports car.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

1080iAddict: After reading your last post I believe it is time to change your name to "997Addict"... You've earned it!

What does everyone think?

Keep putting miles with plenty of smiles!

Cheers!
Old 09-03-2005, 01:58 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
Let me set this scene for you. ... Wind blowing into my face...
You didn't do a very good job of setting the scene by leaving out the most important detail when it comes to driving a cab -- Were you driving with the top up or the top down, or top up and just windows down?
Old 09-03-2005, 05:26 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Let me answer it this way: The cab has a top?
Old 09-03-2005, 06:01 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Last night I had the opportunity to drive the car for the first time. What I mean is… I did not just get to drive the car. I got to drive the car.

My instructions were simple. Meet the wife and kids at her sisters house by 6:45 for dinner to kick off the Bar Mitzvah weekend for her sister’s son. Many people expected at this dinner from out of town, etc., and my wife left early with the kids. I had to work and would meet her there at 6:45. The command was simple: Do NOT be late.

The trip is 50 miles from Baltimore to Potomac, MD. The vectors beg for the 911: 7 miles of twisties out of my house to the Beltway; Beltway to the Route 70 straight away; Route 70 to the Route 29 straight away; Route 29 to the Route 198 semi-twisty farmland 2 lane road, direct to Potomac. Traffic is light at this time of day. Had I left at 5:30, no worries. However, I naturally had to QD the ride, clean the windows, and then nature called. Problem: It was 5:50 now, and I was officially on the negative float. It was time to leave, now.

So I fired her up, turned on Sport/PSE, and hit it.

Let me set this scene for you. The sun is setting. I am averaging speeds of 50 – 85 MPH, the PSE distinctly roaring over the Springsteen I am listening to on the Bose system. I have the bass turned all the way up to feel the mighty drums of Max Weinberg and the bass guitar of Gary Tallent reverberate throughout my body. I feel every single bump in the road, my body pressed snugly into the adaptive sport seats and my head pinned against the head rest with the sun glaring into my eyes through my sunglasses. Every 5 minutes or so I glance at the dials and then back at the road – and in 2 seconds I have complete readings of oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, fuel level, and tire pressure. Wind blowing into my face as I gently but aggressively maneuver through traffic to pick up minutes. Wait! A deer 200 yards away on the side of the road! 80 to 30 in 3 seconds as I test the PCCBs and they work flawlessly as the restraints press against my chest and lap. Danger is over, and I drop it into 3rd and I’m back to speed 10 seconds later. I arrive at 6:52 and get the kiss hello instead of the ‘eyes’ that I so dread when I am in big trouble. All this without exceeding 4200 RPM!

This was a drive. I love this car. This was the most exhilarating I have ever felt driving an automobile. What a sports car.
Great post!!!

You have me very excited about the 997S!

Mazel tov!
Old 09-04-2005, 02:28 AM
OCBen
Banned

Let me answer it this way: The cab has a top?
Good answer! ...

Quick Reply: Where should I stick my Rennlist sticker?