Sponsored by:

Southern California Porsche Roads

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by humbug
Sun is out and the weather is nice...for those of you in Southern California especailly in the San Diego neighborhood, where is there a nice road to go cruising on with a cab. To those of you with bad weather, I'm sorry.
Lomas Santa Fe exit Solana Beach/Rancho Santa Fe off I5. Head east. Winds ( very tightly) to and through old village of RSF then becomes Del Dios highway (end to end it's about 18-20 miles). Passes by Lake Hodges which has a very secluded Mexican place right down by the water called Hernandez Hideaway. Eventually Del Dios spits you out in Escondido at Valley Center parkway and I15.

It's an absolutely gorgeous drive! You have this view of the hodges dam from the road.

I also VERY HIGHLY recommend stopping at Chino's Vegetable Shop off Ville de la Valle in RSF. It's an organic farm (many top restaurants get their produce from Chino's) and the quality is simply incredible (the french strawberries taste like they were dipped in sugar. The stand only sells what's been hand picked that same day. http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...m29chinos.html

Great sunny day drive.
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2007, 10:00 PM
MyEmily
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sunny and Hot in Los Angeles. 90degress and Emily loved it. Droved over 100 miles to look for ink cartages for my printer. Can't find any. Instead, found myself at Newport Beach getting a bowl of Manhattan style clam chowder and tourist watching. Found out one thing about the P-car. Wind noise was lower than normal w/ the sunroof open. No buffeting..Nice... Hoped everybody that living at So Cal enjoyed a nice long drive w/ the favorite P-Car...

When the sun is out, the P-car come out and play
Old 02-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Great stuff. Concur on Rt33. Also, Rt 154 San Marcos Pass out of SB to Solvang.

One of the absolute best: 101 to 5 at Paso Robles,--225, 41, etc. Incredible. But, getting away from "Southern" California a bit.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:33 AM
humbug
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, can't wait to try these new routes!

Quick Reply: Southern California Porsche Roads