Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just changed the wheels on my 997S order to Carrera Sports.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 12:11 AM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

jcnesq:

That's right, the wheel he shows above is the new Carrera Sport wheel option XRR. It is not on the configurator here in the U.S. but is in the order guide. I have not seen any pictures of it from Porsche but the picture posted above in this link is said to be the wheel. I am not sure if Aerosmith downloaded it from Posche site or from another forum.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:47 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Thanks. Now that we got that sorted out, I should say that I like the wheel a lot, in fact I think its my favorite of the available S wheels.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:47 AM
AeroSmith
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, it's a brand new S wheel for 2006. I got the picture and my information from Rennteam. No, it's not on the configurator. Yes, it is in the order guide and my dealer was able to put it on my order. I've seen one more picture of it over on Rennteam.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:21 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The XRR option code wheel is now on the porsche configurator. I just wanted to confirm, however, that these wheels were indeed wider/lighter than the others -- I have not found any other source corroborating this information. If not, I personally prefer the look of the carrera classics ...
Old 09-17-2005, 07:38 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Well, it turns out that I wasn't able to switch from the clasics to the sports. So my C2S will be coming with the Classics, which is fine.

I read about the lighter weight and the increased rear width over on Rennteam. You may want to do a search over there. I have no actual Porsche documentation to confirm. Good luck.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:52 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by fuenfer
The XRR option code wheel is now on the porsche configurator. I just wanted to confirm, however, that these wheels were indeed wider/lighter than the others -- I have not found any other source corroborating this information. If not, I personally prefer the look of the carrera classics ...
Here's the thread.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:42 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, Aerosmith. Appreciate the advice ...
Old 09-18-2005, 12:06 PM
caf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AeroSmith
Well, it turns out that I wasn't able to switch from the clasics to the sports. So my C2S will be coming with the Classics, which is fine.

I read about the lighter weight and the increased rear width over on Rennteam. You may want to do a search over there. I have no actual Porsche documentation to confirm. Good luck.
I actually prefer the Classics; to me it's destined to be one of the all time great Porsche wheel designs. It just looks so light and sets off the cross-drilled rotors so well.

I'm REALLY looking forward to you posting some pics once you get your car. I'm partial to Cobalt, and when I get ready to order my next car, it'll be a the top of my color preference list.

Kind of confusing how Porsche has both a "Carrera Sport" and a "Sport Design" wheel.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:12 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by caf
I actually prefer the Classics; to me it's destined to be one of the all time great Porsche wheel designs. It just looks so light and sets off the cross-drilled rotors so well.

I'm REALLY looking forward to you posting some pics once you get your car. I'm partial to Cobalt, and when I get ready to order my next car, it'll be a the top of my color preference list.

Kind of confusing how Porsche has both a "Carrera Sport" and a "Sport Design" wheel.
You know what? I think I prefer the Classics too. So I think I got lucky that I couldn't change my order.

You're REALLY looking forward to me posting pics? Man, let me tell you, I'm going absolutely nuts waiting for this car. I'll be taking my camera to the dealer when I go to pick it up.

BTW, black full leather in the interior. I think that will look nice with the Coblat Blue.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:24 AM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Reading this old thread tonight. What was the verdict on the increased understeer issue?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Just changed the wheels on my 997S order to Carrera Sports.