Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered C2 coupe. Looking for input.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 03:44 PM
PivotPoint
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered C2 coupe. Looking for input.

Feel a little relieved after finally making my selections at the dealer. Must have changed my mind regarding exterior colors a hundred times. Options were added and deleted via the Porsche Configurator more times than I want to admit, but this is what I finally signed my name to. I've learned alot in the past couple weeks scanning this forum and would appreciate additional input. I might call up and add the Bose, but I'm not a big music guy and my radio is usually on a sports radio station or just the news. No stock radios to make a comparison to.

Seal Grey Exterior
Black Leather Seats
Power Seat Package
Porsche Crest in Headrest
Self Dimming Mirrors
Xenons
19" Carrera Classics
Wheel Caps w/crests
Sport Steering Wheel
Sport Chrono Plus
Sport Exhaust.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Weissy
Instructor

Sounds great but I would add the adaptive sport seats. I LOVE THEM!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 04:34 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

How about the Tire Pressure Monitoring System? That seems like a real neat option.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:18 PM
PivotPoint
Intermediate

Thanks guys for the input. I tried the adaptive seats and just couldn't get comfortable. I'm 6'2''. 210 with broad shoulders. Even with the wings all the way out, they hit my shoulder blades and prevented my spine from resting flat against the back of the seat. Tried the power seats and after making a few adjustments, I became very comfortable. I considered the TPMS which seemed like a neat idea with the 19" wheels. I seem to recall that all were not positive about them. Aerosmith, will you be ordering TPMS for your 06?
Old 08-26-2005, 05:21 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

2nd on the sport seats!

I'm 6'2", 240 lbs. I fit no problem. But you get what you want!
Old 08-26-2005, 05:27 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by PivotPoint
I considered the TPMS which seemed like a neat idea with the 19" wheels. I seem to recall that all were not positive about them. Aerosmith, will you be ordering TPMS for your 06?
Yes, they're on my order. I hear the system is dramatically improved from the one that was originally available on the Cayanne. There is a thread on TPMS somewhere down there....
Old 08-26-2005, 05:58 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Did you get the S version?

Jay
Old 08-26-2005, 06:10 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is some food for thought to re-ignite your anxiety

1. I am 6'2" and way a 'few' more than 210 (OK - 220 when I am on the running regime). I have the adaptive sports seats and love them. I went back and forth and here is the deal. That lack of fit you feel is not really a lack of fit - it is the adaptive sports seatings working. When I get into my ride, I feel like I am molded into the seat. There is NO movement. I feel snug but not tight. I feel like I could take a corner at 60 MPH and my body would not budge. This is what the adaptive sport seats are all about IMHO. They are awesome and I am so happy I ordered my ride with these seats. I would try them again if I were you.

2. TPMS is awesome also. I am very **** about tire pressures. If I am 1 PSI off the mark the tire gets more air. A buddy of mine with a 996 - my best friend - details the heck out of his ride but rarely takes the time to check pressures. When he came to my garage, I checked his pressures with a guage and he was -5 to -6 PSI per tire!!!! I know after I added air the ride would be markedly improved. If you get TPMS, you will be on top of this all the time.

Looks like you got the other important stuff!!! Good luck with the wait!!
Old 08-26-2005, 06:34 PM
PivotPoint
Intermediate

No, I did not get the "S". Their never was one available to test, so I stuck with the base coupe. You guys might have talked me into TPMS. Think I'll make a quick call and add. Thanks.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:24 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On second thought....forget the TPMS. Get the "S"!!
Old 08-26-2005, 08:29 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

PivotPoint,

First off, I ordered the standard seats with the electric adjust package. I have the standard seats in my 996 and am happy with them. They give enough lateral support for my needs.

Second, if this is your first 911 I think you'll be vary happy with the base model. My first 911 is my current 996. It has 5 fewer HP than the car you just ordered and it rocks! So I think you can be proud of your choice.

Have you considered the xenon headlights? They're not standard on your car. I have 'em on my 996 and like them.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:35 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

PP:

If the 10K difference is not a huge factor you might want to consider the S. I have a friend with an 05 base model and he was thinking about getting a new S. We figured it would cost him about 30K - 35K to make the switch now when you figure what his car is worth and the new S with tax and license. That does not include the tax he paid on the 05 either. So if you are at all interested in the S it is cheaper to do it now rather than later. Also, some of the options that you have on the base model are included or cheaper on the S like the xenons and the 19" Carrera Classics so the difference will be more like 7K - 8K. Just something to think about.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:04 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by 996toomey
PP:

If the 10K difference is not a huge factor you might want to consider the S. I have a friend with an 05 base model and he was thinking about getting a new S. We figured it would cost him about 30K - 35K to make the switch now when you figure what his car is worth and the new S with tax and license. That does not include the tax he paid on the 05 either. So if you are at all interested in the S it is cheaper to do it now rather than later. Also, some of the options that you have on the base model are included or cheaper on the S like the xenons and the 19" Carrera Classics so the difference will be more like 7K - 8K. Just something to think about.
Well, those are pretty good point there, Mr. November build.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:35 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

If you are trying not to go overboard, I think your options make sense. You will love the sport exhaust - sounds much better than Bose! (I have Bose but usually turn the volume way down so I can hear PSE!)

As someone suggested, you might compare the cost of what you are getting with an S - may not be as much extra as you think. You will not be disappointed with the 997, but the 997S is worth the difference if you can swing it.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:36 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The S for sure if the extra cost is not a burden. But don't make that decision based on the lack of availability of an S model to test drive. The extra power is really nice and the 996 turbo brakes are great, as well as all the little extras mentioned by the guys above. And if cost is no object get the S and the X51 package, if you're one of those who can't get enough power (I plead guilty but it wasn't available when I ordered). But if the base is perfectly fine for you, then this model was meant for you.

One thing that the guys pitching the adaptive sport seats failed to mention is that the backs of the seats are not leather but painted plastic that scratches easily, according to a few here.

I would dump the Sport Chrono and get the NAV instead and the Bose, but that's just me. The key really is to get what you like regardless of price. You're buying a Porsche. Get it the way you want it, otherwise you'll end up regretting and not being ultimately happy with your purchase. But that's just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Just ordered C2 coupe. Looking for input.