Sponsored by:

GT Silver Metallic ON 997S

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*speechless*

The 997 I tested was Slate/Terracotta..........it actually looked pretty nice......a bit......MB Designo if you know what I mean...........that sorta hue to it.

This is my #1 issue. I've owned 12 White cars and trucks..........I LOVE LOVE white in a car. A car looks like a million bucks in that color. But I think I'm really tired of the 'flat' color paint. I really want a met. paint to show off the curves of this car, and I'm planning on leasing it for 4 years (longest I've ever driven a car) so I want to make sure I'm making the right choice. It's just so hard to stay away from the 'norm'. But I'm also afraid of a too dark of a color. I love black, but not to look at everyday. It would drive me INSANE with all the dust and dirt from my daily commute......So I'm thinking met. paint.

Is the basalt a nice highly met. black? Also pics of the car in ANY silver or grey.............

THANKS AGAIN...........THIS IS SOOO MUCH APPRECIATED (my girlfriend thanks you too! For her sanity )
Old 08-26-2005, 04:34 PM
tooner
Advanced

GT on terracotta...
Attached Images    
Old 08-26-2005, 05:50 PM
tnunnery
Instructor

No problem. As you can see, I stressed over my color choices too.

Tooner, that is such a sweet combo! Your new wheels are even starting to grow on me.

Here are a couple of Basalt pics under different lights. Yes, it has lots of very reflective metallic flecks in it. Along with Atlas, Cobalt and GT, Basalt is one of my favorites on the 997. Enjoy!
Attached Images   
Old 08-26-2005, 06:38 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Stoppie:

If you are leasing just get the color you want. The difference will only change your payment $80 a month or so.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:07 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Is it just me or is GT Silver Metallic one of the best colors for showing off the rear hips?
Old 08-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

red is an energizing interior isn't it!
Old 08-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Toomey I hear ya. The mo/pmt isn't the issue. It's just what am I going to be happy with for 4 years.
The gf and I stopped by the dealership this weekend so she could take a look at the colors.

Yay for the terracota, negitive on the Atlas Grey, Yay on GT/ Slate..........now I'm going to try and see Basalt.

*SIDE NOTE* This was ALL after we stopped by Tiffany's to look at engagement rings..........
Old 08-29-2005, 11:42 AM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

I was second guessing a little on the GT Silver. I also spent some time over the weekend at the dealers and confirmed my choice with the GT Silver and am happy with it. A combination I saw that looks great although I am sticking with black interior is the GT Silver with the Special Cocoa leather. If you are at all hesitant on the Terracota have a look at that combo. Very rich looiking.

Good Luck.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:11 AM
JD986S
Track Day

Is terracotta very similar to Boxster Red? It seems very similar to Boxster Red.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:52 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

That's something I can't answer.....but to see the Terracota in the 'person' is something you need to do. It's really an amazing color IMO......one that is very 'uplifting' as one person put it. I saw the cocoa and didn't like it at all. I'm thinking it's either the Terracota or the black. When I get a chance I'm going to find a car that has Basalt. Me thinks that color is going to be gorgeous.....as are most of the P-car colors........but that with Terra would be hot!!

On the other had being 'hot' might be the exact reason I might not opt for a darker color being in Florida.......then again.............ughhhhhhhh......it's horrible to worry about such 'important' topics in life isn't it?
Old 08-31-2005, 01:48 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
On the other had being 'hot' might be the exact reason I might not opt for a darker color being in Florida.......then again.............ughhhhhhhh......it's horrible to worry about such 'important' topics in life isn't it?
You know, being in Florida is why I got my 996 in Arctic Silver Metallic. But to be honest with you the car still gets hot when you park it in the sun. So to heck with it, I'm getting my 997S in Cobalt Blue Metallic. I'm not going to let the "light colors are good in Florida" thing influence my choice. Fortunately small cars cool down quickly after the AC is turned on.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:49 PM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Terracota is diff than boxster red... a nicer red IMO.... Basalt black is a hot color... you will still have the challenges of dealing with caring for black paint... but it sure looks great.... if you look at the paint on the new corvettes it's absolutely HORRIBLE.... for a new car their paint sucks... VW paint is better!
Old 08-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

c70Pete- why did you mention 'vets' and 'vw'........I'm lost..........are you talking about 'their quality of paint in general'? Comparisson wise?

Old 08-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
c70Pete- why did you mention 'vets' and 'vw'........I'm lost..........are you talking about 'their quality of paint in general'? Comparisson wise?

for one... a tribute to the fine Porsche paint - especially basalt black... and I kind of like the shape of the new vette but the paint options are just flat... I haven't see a black, red, silver or yellow with any type of metallic tones so far... it's tragic... especially when you get good paint on a VW!
Old 08-31-2005, 11:02 PM
fontaines911
Intermediate

Does anybody know why the paint costs 3k more? I have it..love it... but no one seems to know why the additional cost. Curious.

Quick Reply: GT Silver Metallic ON 997S