Sponsored by:

PSE Install on 997 Cab with Sports Chrono, no PASM

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 295 Posts
Default PSE Install on 997 Cab with Sports Chrono, no PASM

I have an appmt late next week to install PSE on my brand new 2005 Arctic Silver cab with Sports Chrono w/o PASM. The TSB says that for cars without Sports Chrono, "the active state is displayed by the light-emitting diode in the new button illumination, part number, 997.613.131.00.FMH."

My dealer says that part number is incorrect in that it is for vehicles with Sports Chrono and PASM, and the correct part number has "137" instead of "131" in the above sequence. My dealer has confirmed this with another dealer, that the TSB is wrong in this respect. Currently, my switch row has 3 buttons - from left to right, spoiler, Sport and PSM. The "137" also has 3 buttons, but substitutes the PSE pipes for the Sport. The "131" switch has 4 buttons, adding the PASM picture (a shock absorber) between the spoiler and PSE pipe.

I know many of you here with Sports Chrono without PASM have installed the PSE without any extra switch, correct?

Any comments?

YoungTurk
'05 Carrera Cab (Arctic Silver/Stone Grey/Black)
Old 08-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Carlos from Spain
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have PASM, I have the -20mm sport suspension, and I have Sport Chrono. I had the PSE installed from factory and all that is done is connect the PSE to the "Sport" button. There is no adding or deleting buttons. The ones that get the "PSE tip picture" are those that don't have sport chrono, independantly of PASM or not.

I.e. with sport chono = nothing changes (the PSE is controlled by the SPORT button)
without Sport Chrono = a "PSE pic" button is added (depending on wether you have PASM or not, you will need a dash plate with 3 o 4 holes for the buttons.)
Old 08-17-2005, 07:18 PM
DD694
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly!!

Quick Reply: PSE Install on 997 Cab with Sports Chrono, no PASM