What colour is this Carrera S???

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 02:07 PM
caf
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BD997
PURE UGLY....
To be sure, it'll be a love it or hate it color, which is exactly why you won't see dealers stock anything beyond the neutral palette.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:53 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not my style but one thing is for sure: Even if I liked it I would never outright buy a car this color out of fear that I could never sell it back or get fair trade in value. This color car is just begging to be leased so that the lease company can take the financial risk.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:53 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 523 Likes on 348 Posts

Looks nice, like Tangerine from back in the old school.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:33 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Love that orange, I probably will order that color if I didn't take the Speed Yellow last week. By the way, since it is a flat/ non-metallic color, is it $0 like the Guard Red/ speed Yellow?
Old 08-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Michael Russell
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No, it is a special "paint to sample" order, $4315

Michael
Old 08-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Pumpkin Orange wouldn't be my first choice.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:52 AM
dealmaker
Instructor

Price here in the UK is circa $4000 - downside is that it adds at least FOUR months to the build date.

I was in the local OPC the other day and EVERY 997 they had there (for sale and in for service) was either SIlver or a derivative of Grey !! - the sales guys say that the "flat" bright colours suit the car best - and whenever they get a bright colour (Yellow or Guards Red) those cars walk straight out of the showroom!!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:36 PM
jgdixon
Advanced

I love the colour too, (we spell it this way In Canada as well) Although I agree that resale risk could be a concern. Leasing would be the way to go if you weren't going to keep it forever
Also risk standing out too much for the local police!

I always said when I got a Porsche that I would never go for the typical, silver, grey, or black.
Everyone is afraid of taking a risk, then the problem is all cars tending up looking too much the same!

So the wheel spokes will be black and the outer rims orange?

Here is a pic of an orange car for sale in my market (Toronto, Ontario)
Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts

The bright colors of the early 911's were a product of German safety research. It was determined that such brightly colored cars (signal yellow, signal orange, viper green, etc.) were more visible and less likely to be involved in accidents. Sort of like OSHA colors today - same idea.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:52 PM
19_hole
Racer

What color is this????? No offense meant to those that like it, but the only answer I have to that question is Ugly, that what color it is......
Old 09-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts

Maybe the value of particular colored cars is a better index into desirability than simple personal preference. The only color consistently demonstrated to DEcrease the value of early 911s is Sepia Brown. At least with the earlier cars, the more common silver, red, white are slightly LESS desired than the brighter colors. Could be rarity. Bright yellow 993s, anecdotally, are very sought after. What is interesting is the ability of Porsches to look good in colors no other car could possibly get away with. Imagine a Viper Green Testarossa!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:12 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 96 Posts

It's interesting how some people love this color or hate it.

I am one of those who really like it. I saw it in the Goodwood article in 911 & Porsche World, and really liked it then. The pics here are much better.

If I buy a new P-car someday, I think I would choose a really bright non-metallic color. Speed Yellow would be my stock choice, but this orange is even better.

Did anyone see the RSR replica in Excellence? Is that Signal Green or Viper Green? I think it mentioned it in the article, but I can't remember anymore. That would be a pretty trippy color on a 997 too...
Old 09-01-2005, 02:42 PM
dealmaker
Instructor

Allan,

I agree - if I didn't get the "Pure Orange" I was going with either Speed Yellow or....and this is also a favourite of mine....SIGNAL GREEN - my 1992 964 RS Lightweight was Signal Green and it looked fantastic!...even if I say so myself!

JG,

That car looks more like a metallic orange? ..in fact it looks like Lamborghini "Arancio Atlas" - (same colour as my Murcie!!)

Yeah at the moment I've specced 19" Carrera S wheels - with couloured crests, black painted spokes and Ornage paint to the wheel edge/lip.

I have a concern that I should maybe opt for the Carrera "Classic" wheel in the same size and colour configuration?

I also dont know whether I should simply opt for a polished edge/lip - in case of any future damage? - similar to the car featured at Goodwood.

Part of me also thinks that 19" Sport Design wheels (I have these fitted to my Guards Red 997 Carrera S) - in standard silver finish would set the car off nicely as well!! (Albeit they are a b@stard to clean!!)

I guess any of them will work to a greater or lesser degree.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:38 AM
SDD
Track Day

Yes, I love any trend toward brighter colors on P-cars.
Very tired of silver/gray/black on sports cars, and especially 911s.
Those colors/colours are at home on a Buick.
That's one of the things I love about the Lotus colors--great reds, oranges, yellows, blues, and even purple! (my Esprit is "Racing Green").
I fondly recall the bright colors commonly seen on the early 70's 911s.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:27 AM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

I love the color - and the black rims are great too.

I would consider getting it for the 997s I am going to order, except the price is too much for the paint option.

Quick Reply: What colour is this Carrera S???