donsacto
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Cisco Executive has nice rides
Old 08-01-2005, 02:56 AM
Michael1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've driven bright red cars all my life, and never noticed anything out of the oridinary. I think it is more the type of car, rather than the color which will bring the unwanted attention. I can tell you, if you are in a Ferrari, people will try to race you all the time, if they see you are driving fast. If you have people wanting to race you, just ignore them. They'll go away. Pull away from the stoplight slowly, and they'll get the idea. Don't look over. Play with the radio or A/C. Keep a constant speed on the freeway.

As far as tickets, I don't think the color makes that much difference. Even though I am usually driving cars that are red, the two speeding tickets I have gotten in the past 20 years have been in a white and silver rental cars. Both were "color independent" radar tickets. So much for that theory (at least for me).

I say, if you don't want attention, don't ask for it. Don't tailgate, don't drive aggressively with other cars, don't weave in and out of traffic, don't floor it from every light, don't cut people off, etc.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Michael

Quick Reply: Bright colors and unwanted attention