Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVOM intake installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005 | 03:24 PM
SamG
Rennlist Member

Default EVOM intake installed

I installed the EVOM cold air intake kit yesterday on my 997S. Installation was fairly easy after I went online to EVOM's website and found detailed installation instructions for the 997. The kit I received was for a 997, not a 997S so it was missing a small rubber hose and a couple of wire ties. I just used the short rubber tue from the stock unit and plugged it with a screw. All in all I would say the quality of the components are good. As far as increased performance, it's hard to say without a dyno. Engine/exhaust noise level is a bit higher at low rpms and is not objectionable under normal acceleration. When you really get on the throttle and revs get to 5500 and above the engine sounds increase dramatically over stock. I think I'm going to like it but wonder if it may be too much when combined with a PSE system. I'll try to attach a couple of pics if I can figure out how to do it.

Last edited by SamG; 07-25-2005 at 10:43 PM. Reason: add photos
Old 07-24-2005 | 03:51 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

It is easy to put on. Contact Nate@EVOMS.com if you want the extra parts... You get more HP from the flash _with_ the intake. A lot of people like the engine sound in terms of how it screams but I've not heard it with the PSE yet.
Old 07-26-2005 | 10:47 PM
jjporsch43
Instructor

Hey Sam: Looks good-plan on doing same to my S. Any CEL's? JohnJ in San Antonio
Old 07-27-2005 | 09:31 AM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Looks nice..how much?
Old 07-27-2005 | 11:42 AM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

I think it's around $550 for the intake. Looks impressive, but I've had mixed experiences with intakes. Normally, like an exhaust, they are tuned for sound and not so much for performance.

I had an intake on my last car and it sounded nice and definitely "felt" like it was moving more air at higher rpms but who knows. I'll try the K&N drop filter before I start removing OEM parts. I figure might as well give it a try. The K&N filter costs around 70 bucks.

Install looks clean! And it's hard to resist the urge to mod. Let us know how you like it in a few weeks.
Old 07-27-2005 | 12:19 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

I'm also curious to know what effect, if any, removing the resonator from the OEM airbox does?

I'm wondering if it "takes away" from the 911 flat-6 experience?
Old 07-27-2005 | 10:53 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

carbon - the intake we have specials on for Rennlist members, PM me. The overall impression (as I run one) is much improved over the stock system. More airflow, better sound, and increased horsepower. You will notice your throttle response much quicker compared to stock and your HP increase in the higher RPM's. Yes it does give you more benefit with the reflash, but adding just the intake as stage 1 will get you started.
Old 07-28-2005 | 01:18 AM
Captain Tal
Advanced

I had this intake on my C4S with PSE before I added the EVO Supercharger and I loved it. It really compliments the PSE and adds a nice throaty sound to the engine. I also noticed increased thorottle response but that may have been because I chiped it as well.

Enjoy.

Quick Reply: EVOM intake installed