Sponsored by:

Drove a Turbo S coupe today!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 12:54 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drove a Turbo S coupe today!

I know this is 997 forum but I am 997 guy and dont know a soul on the turbo forum. I thought you would like to hear my impressions here compared to 997S etc...

2005 Black Black Turbo S with Ceramics,short shift and pretty much the works! Only 800 miles on it so i could not push it since i did not pay for it!

!st time driving a turbo for me....Clutch felt way lighter than my 997 and car felt much heavier all around. It pulls much stronger than my car but I could not really rev it up to much....My car seems to be quicker off the line until turbo kicks in....Would have loved to get it on the fwy but no t this time.

Steering did not seem as responsive as mine but my car is lowerd and has had a semi aggressive alignment set on it...seemed to lean and roll more than mine as well...Would love to see my friend lower it and set up better suspension!

Anyway, sweet ride and strong motor...Cant wait to drive the 997 turbo next year!

I'll take pics of it tomorrow at work and post here.....
Old 07-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 101 Posts

Your inital impressions brought back memories for me. I went from an '01 996 turbo to the 997S and felt exactly the same as you. Lighter clutch, much heavier steering, less initial power off the line especially with the sport button on the 997S, dramatic push in the back at 4k rpm. I had my turbo lowered with ROW supension and the 997 still handles better. I really love the light feeling of the rwd cars and for that reason will not get a C4 or C4s. I like the interior better in the 997, the styling, etc. The ideal set up for me would be a C2 turbo (gt2)...? Maybe the powerkit will be worth it. Not to take away from the turbo- a great car. I just like the 997S better for the type of driving I do.

Quick Reply: Drove a Turbo S coupe today!