Sponsored by:

Partial Navi System Failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 09:09 PM
DD694
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Partial Navi System Failure

Today as I was driving around town with the Navi map showing, I suddenly found myself "off-roading". An entire section of the road map below 4 mile scale vanished. The cursor was still there, I could enter a request for directions to a point within the "lost" area and receive them, but I could not see any streets or anything else.

I tried ejecting the DVD, hoping I could clean it and re-install it, but I could not get it to eject from the DVD player. I tried with the ignition OFF and no key in the switch, I tried with the key in the switch, but ignition OFF, I tried with ignition switch ON and I tried with the engine running. No joy in any of these modes. I also tried with Navi and PCM OFF and ON. Same negative result.

I called the service department at my dealer and explained my dilemma (at 4:30 PM on Friday before a holiday weekend). The ***'t Service Manager said he had seen a similar problem on a Cayenne. He is ordering a new DVD reader (player) and a new Navi DVD to be installed. He is afraid that the existing DVD may be stuck in the DVD player and not be retrievable, when they replace the DVD player with the new one.

He will call me Tuesday with an update on parts availability and estimated arrival time at his shop and arrange an appointment for me to bring my car in to have this matter dealt with.

I had my entire PCM replaced a few months ago when I had the System Fault and simultaneously had an erratic map display cycling between day and night mode.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:20 PM
DD694
Instructor

My partial failure of my Nav System is now more pervasive. When I press the MAP button, I get no map, but a bar indicating the Nav System is trying to start loading with only one bar filled in blue. It never moves further. If I press the NAVI button, I get a message that says "Start Navigation System".

I emailed the service department at my dealer today and was told by return email that they have received the new Navi DVD Player but not the DVD disk. As soon as it shows up, they will contact me and get my car in to replace the DVD player and the DVD disk. The existing player will neither play nor eject the DVD disk it is holding captive.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:26 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Darn. Hope they get that taken care of for ya.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

what was the problem??
I have the same problem now
Old 10-25-2011, 09:31 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Konstantin
what was the problem??
I have the same problem now
Probably won't get an answer from him since the post is 6 years old (car is probably sold) and he hasn't posted since.

Quick Reply: Partial Navi System Failure