Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does front seat allow flat into back seats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 11:24 PM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does front seat allow flat into back seats?

Has anybody noticed if a flat (27 inches x 11 inches) will slide past the front seat, into the back seats if the front seat is pushed all the way forward?

It is one of the things I forgot to check when I last was in the showroom.

IOW, we know a thin porsche spare will fit back there, but will an actual WIDE flat rear tire get past the front seat and into the back?

Here's a pic of the thin spare (same diameter) Porsche offers for the 997/S.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:25 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Good question! Don't know for sure, but my gut is you could probably get it in with the passenger seat all the way forward, but it might be tight. (I'm used to putting my 3 y/o daughter in the back most mornings so its probably a good guess.) I know from my former 996 the rear tires will fit in the passenger seat (and at least I had a spare then!).
Old 06-10-2005, 07:45 AM
Ronnie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the rear tyre does fit. I had the misfortune of finding this out the other week. £350 for a new Michellin PS2. It's a tight squeeze but if you put the front chair fully forward, the rear tyre takes up one of the rear seats, inc headroom (I was a little shocked at how big these 19" really are). Make sure you have something to wrap the flat tyre up with as it will be filthy.

Quick Reply: Does front seat allow flat into back seats?