Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Wax for new 997S Cab

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005 | 11:23 PM
Mist
Track Day

Default What Wax for new 997S Cab

My 997S Cab should be at dealer next week. Midnight Blue. What would be your recommendation for wax. Dealer says Zaino and he is a great guy with a 993. If I do Zaino, do I have clay and do the Dawn thing? What about Souverign wax. Need advice. BTW, first Porsche-great way to start.
Old 04-23-2005 | 11:27 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Tell the dealer NOT TO TOUCH the finish. Step #1. They will ruin it with swirls and other problems.

Leave the paint to cure a month before you touch it, other than careful washing.

Then try Rejex....I liked it so much after using other great products, I added it to the BumperPlugs.com lineup. Great stuff, works very well, holds shine long and makes weekly washings a breeze.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 04-23-2005 | 11:54 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

If you go carnauba...Wash, Clay, P21S GEPC, P21S wax
If you go synthetic...Wash, clay, Einszett Metallic polish, Einszett Glanz wax
My 2 cents...
Old 04-24-2005 | 02:26 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
Tell the dealer NOT TO TOUCH the finish. Step #1. They will ruin it with swirls and other problems.

Leave the paint to cure a month before you touch it, other than careful washing.

Then try Rejex....I liked it so much after using other great products, I added it to the BumperPlugs.com lineup. Great stuff, works very well, holds shine long and makes weekly washings a breeze.
I could not agree more with the first sentence especially with Midnight Blue paint. Call the dealer now and tell them not to do anything more than remove the shipping plastic from the paint. I insisted that my dealer do NOTHING but pull the white plastic off my Carrera S... and it is Arctic Silver!

I wouldn't let them wash it, detail it, anything. Just mechanical PDI. And if I were you I'd bring a tire pressure gauge to see how many pounds over door sticker the prep kid inflated the tires. I have yet to pick up a car with proper air pressure and once picked up a truck with 50 lbs. in each tire (The kid filled them by eye.)

Dark Blue paint horror story, when I went in to pick up my last car, a Carbon Black M3, I walked in early and found the sale apprentice in the last stages of circle scrubbing the night's dust off the dark blue, uncured paint with a red shop rag! The kind that NAPA sells for cleaning oil off the floor. When I regained consciousness and crawled down off the ceiling, it took me six orbital applications of Meguiar's #83 over the entire car to get 90% of the swirl marks out of the clear coat, but they were never all gone. One of the main reasons I traded that M3 in so quickly.

If I could, I'd be there when it comes off the truck, let them do mechanical PDI only and drive it home after I had pulled the shipping plastic off myself. Congratulations, BTW, my all time favorite color.

Quick Reply: What Wax for new 997S Cab