997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SYSTEM FAULT TODAY!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005 | 10:12 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Just got off the phone with Lee (Service Dept. but not Mgr.) at Danbury Porsche. He didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about with the Fault.. Was there any indication of a problem with your car? Noise, leaks, oil pressure??
Old 04-18-2005 | 10:34 AM
Pete@Stratmosphere
Intermediate

My turn this weekend!!! Washed the car last weekend and let it sit for a week. Waxed it this past Saturday (didn't move the car). When I started it and backed out, the error appeared along with the ! which won't turn off at all. Car is at the dealership today. -Pete
Old 04-18-2005 | 12:52 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Well, they were not able to clear the fault or tell me anything while I was at the dealer soooo.......

The Service Manager had NO idea about this problem and more or less fluffed off everything that is written here. All I could do was try, we shall see what they come up with.

Old 04-18-2005 | 02:06 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Well, they were not able to clear the fault or tell me anything while I was at the dealer soooo.......

The Service Manager had NO idea about this problem and more or less fluffed off everything that is written here. All I could do was try, we shall see what they come up with.

youre lucky. i got a bright red chevy monte carlo as a loaner!
Old 04-18-2005 | 02:18 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I guess that is a positive way to look at it! I did have the Cayenne washed on my way home, it was n-a-s-t-y..... 1500 miles on it!
Old 04-18-2005 | 06:02 PM
Balloonmeister
Rennlist Member

Gary,

Did the SF light come on in the Cayenne after washing it???
Old 04-19-2005 | 10:57 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Balloonmeister
Gary,

Did the SF light come on in the Cayenne after washing it???
No, but the power door locks are all screwed up! Remote works/doesn't work, inside button works/doesn't work.. thing is a D-O-G, radio is crap... other than that its a nice SUV I guess... You would have to MAX one of these out and get the Turbo V8 to actually have something, the base one isn't it.
Old 04-19-2005 | 12:24 PM
Pete@Stratmosphere
Intermediate

Have my car back. Error cleared. Apparently when they pulled it in the "!" was off. Dealership Karma. There was an intermittant code trapped about the communication buses having a lapse at some point. Who knows. In any case, things are quiet and OK for the moment and the dealership is more than pleasant and helpful. -Pete
Old 04-19-2005 | 01:08 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete@Stratmosphere
Have my car back. Error cleared. Apparently when they pulled it in the "!" was off. Dealership Karma. There was an intermittant code trapped about the communication buses having a lapse at some point. Who knows. In any case, things are quiet and OK for the moment and the dealership is more than pleasant and helpful. -Pete
So once again they cleared the error and have no idea why it happened.. Great news!

Danbury JUST called, they cleared the fault and it pointed to the front latch but they didn't change anything...

I tried to tell him and gave up, I just want it back as today and tomorrow are going to be the nicest days so far this year!.
Old 04-19-2005 | 02:15 PM
Balloonmeister
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete@Stratmosphere
Pete, My "!" comes on and off as well, usually on when accelerating and cruising, sometimes off when decelerating. It always comes on when I start the car though. I'm taking mine in on Thursday and we'll see what happens.
Old 04-22-2005 | 08:00 PM
fast lane
Racer

I'm officially a member of the SF club. I washed my car on Sunday April 17th then I parked it in the garage. I just started it today Friday April 22nd that's when I saw the system fault. I knew it was only a matter of time. In some strange way it almost feels like a relief I felt like I was playing russian roulette for a while every time I started the car I would cross my fingers. Anyway I'm calling the dealer on monday. BTW my car only has 1921 miles still breaking it in.
Old 04-22-2005 | 08:28 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Cool! Now bring it to the dealer and see if he says he has never heard of this before, thats part of the initiation ritual.. LOL
Old 04-23-2005 | 10:11 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

lol.........initiation is right!
Old 04-23-2005 | 12:33 PM
silverrules
Drifting

GUys, is this the hood latch that you are refering to? Why not cover the latch with a plastic, etc before washing the car until Porsche gets their act together and figure out the solution to this problem. Please let me know what latch you are refering to so that I can cover it before washing the car when I get my car of course. Thanks !!!!

Quick Reply: SYSTEM FAULT TODAY!!