Sponsored by:

Interior colors for Cobalt and White

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 07:28 PM
mark34
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior colors for Cobalt and White

I am deciding between Cobalt Blue and White, but I am struggling with the best interior options to make my chose.

My thoughts:
With Cobalt:
Black: might work OK, not too exciting, kind of dark in Texas.
Sand Beige: too light for Cobalt?
Stone Grey with deviating black carpets: dull? Never seen it. I generally don't like grey.
Terracotta: too much? I have cinnamon in my M3, but Terracotta looks much more, uh, pumpkin-y
hmmmm? MaybeI should go with white...

With White exterior:
Ocean Blue with carbon fiber: nice, but haven't seen in person. Some pictures look dark and rich and some others look too light and flat
Cocoa: pictures look very nice, but will it get tiresome? At the end of the day it is dark brown.

I know this is broad, but I am getting relatively close to the time to order. I would love any other suggestions to make a classy but interesting interior through the use of carbon fiber and maybe color matched console.

What interior colors does carbon fiber go well with?

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:32 PM
19_hole
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They grey will look great with the Cobalt as for the white I personally would go with either the beige or the blue. Although I must say that I am not a fan of this car in white. I have seen it and don't think that it shows the lines of the car all that well (IMHO). I choose the Lapis blue with the grey and am really glad that I did. I was thinkingabout the beige, but the grey looks much better with the Lapis.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:09 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 533 Likes on 350 Posts

Black for both.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:35 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

You want an awesome interior for Cobalt Blue? Go exclusive options and get contrasting paneling. Cobalt Blue AND White leather interior. So parts of the doors, dash, seats, etc... are Blue and you have white inserts. That would look quite unique.

Otherwise i think grey would work fine. Black looks good too. Or go custom again and get a Burgandy or medium red leather.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:14 AM
WayFast #85
Track Day

I have a Cobalt Blue S with the Stone Gray interior. When I bought my Cayenne they called it Stone Gray as well. I was expecting a little lighter interior color like the Cayenne. What came in was a very dark gray. Although Porsche could show me some pieces that matched the Cayenne in general it was completely different. The dealer even took interior pictures to show other customers (I ordered it before any of the books were available). How do I like it..... very much. I think it's nicer than black. I get compliments from everyone. Just a great car and the Cobalt Blue gets a lot of attention. I have a friend with a 996 in white and it looks ok but the blue stands out. You just don't see that many driving down the road.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:18 AM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

how abot cobalt blue with natural leather interior that looks really good IMO

Brandon
Old 04-07-2005, 07:01 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I have never owned a car with a Black interior, never cared for the look.

For the Cobalt, I would go with the Stone Grey interior. Like 19_hole, (except mine is '04 996) I have Lapis Blue with Graphite Grey interior with deviating Metropol Blue carpet. The Graphite Grey interior is a shade or two lighter than the Stone Grey, which is very RICH looking (i mean rich as in taste, not $$$).

For the White, I think the Sea Blue would be KILLER! The Sea Blue is a much better color blue than the 996 Metropol Blue, which is a shade or two lighter than the Sea Blue. I saw the new Sand Beige interior at the local dealer, and that is MUCH nicer that the Savannah Beige that was available on the 996 model.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:31 AM
CO997
Racer

I seem to be in the minority but I really like the white exterior with blue interior. It took me a couple of time seeing it to get used to it but now I think it might be my favorite color combo right now. You can get the matching center console in it and I think it looks fantastic.
just my 2 cents...
Old 04-07-2005, 12:38 PM
MMD
Banned

The black interior is not stone-cold black, more like really really dark grey. I think it is the best choice it you want to de-emphasize the extremely busy interior.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:26 PM
PDQ PDK CAYMAN S
Racer

I have and like a white car with a black interior because just about everything is black and there are not color match differences. If I order another S is will be with black dials too. It is the easiest interior to keep clean looking. I find the white very hard to keep clean after having a black car. I had the grey interior in a Boxster and had to clean the seats every month......went to black and did a cleaning once a year. To each his own but I have never see a ugly white 911 coupe. Cars are too small to have a bunch of colors such as wood or carbon mixed in with the other finishes.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Cobalt with gray interior, yellow belts and yellow calipers. Sweet.

Saw a GT3 this way, very sharp. You could try for deviated stitching (cobalt) on the gray leather. Yum.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Quick Reply: Interior colors for Cobalt and White