Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Second problem with my 997s ........with only 1000 kms.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Raul
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second problem with my 997s ........with only 1000 kms.

The first problem was a defective fuel pump (10 days at Porsche service). Today, the check engine light turned on. Inmediately, I went to the Porsche service. The computer showed 4 problems: Mix of air/fuel left side, mix of air/fuel right side, lambda sensor left side,and lambda sensor right side (Sorry, I dont know exactly what the computer said, and the translation to English). The technician told me that the problem was probably due to some impurities that came into the engine when they changed the fuel pump. They made a reset and told me that I could take my car home. A few minutes after I left the Porsche service, I noticed that the car was not running properly: When changing gears and pushing the acelerator, the car seemed to be flooded for a moment, and then it acelerated (less than half a second but enough to know that there was a problem). One hour later, the check engine light turned on again, and I went directly to the Porsche service. I left my car there, and went home with a courtesy car (Porsche assistance did not want to give me a courtesy car because they said that the car was not towed to the Porsche dealer, and therefore, it was not broken down. We called Porsche`s customer service and they gave me a car).
What can I say?. Nothing. This time, I am not going to criticize Porsche`s quality. Today I am tired, very tired.
For those of you who had/have some empathy with me, I wish you the best and I really hope that these things never happen to you. But for those of you who did/do not believe my story, or who thought that this was a joke, a stupidity, or a spam,......................................
Old 04-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Raul
AutoX

Default Sorry, I forgot to mention...

that I picked my car last week at Porsche service (after they changed the fuel pump). I made 300 kms and the car was perfect.The second problem (check engine light) is a new problem that happened today.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:40 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Hang in there. I don't have my car yet (April Build) but I have been taking notes on all of the glitches that have happened on this forum. Just remeber that if all else fails either you get a new engine or a new car. I know that is not what you wanted to hear but that's it. I would at this time get in touch with someone in authority at PCNA and tell them that if the problem is not resolved, please return car to Germany and order a new one.

Jay
Old 04-04-2005, 10:56 PM
BD997
Racer

but arent you happy your still under warranty...imagine if u werent.... :-( Good luck we wish you the best...keep us posted
Old 04-04-2005, 11:54 PM
infestation
Instructor

Raul,

I can sympathise with your situation. Just two days after I took delivery of my car in late August, a coolant line came unplugged because it was not plugged in/installed properly at the factory. Within seconds, the car dumped all of its coolant and I had to get my car towed.

I would leave your car at the dealer and since you bought a brand new car from them, they should give you a courtesy car whenever you bring your car in for service. Some dealers require an appointment but, considering you just purchased a new car, they should go out of their way to work with you.

I would also go ahead and call/contact Porsche to file a formal complaint, so that they will be aware of the situation.

I now have driven just over 10,000 miles in my car and, despite a few issues here and there (coolant leak(s), coolant tank replcament, rms, and an airbag control unit replacement that took quite some time due to a delay in receiving the necessary parts), every time I get in the car I love it and forget about the few "teething" issues the car has had. I do believe that Porsche will rectify this situation for you. Just contact them so you won't just be relying on your dealer to do the right thing. Some dealers will; others won't.

Hope this helps and offers you some encouragement!
Old 04-05-2005, 12:48 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Sorry to hear you are having trouble....good luck.

Quick Reply: Second problem with my 997s ........with only 1000 kms.