Sponsored by:

Wax choice

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 11:24 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I've been using Pinnacle Souveran lately, and it looks terrific, but doesn't last a long time. I just got some Malms Polish and Glaze (ultra fine polish) and plan to try out the new Porter Cable with that, possibly put a coat or two of Malms wax on, then top it off with a couple coats of Pinnacle. I'm still a carnuaba guy though sometimes I think I should try some of the synthetics. I'm also going to Rejex the wife's Cayenne S, and I think I'll put Rejex on my wheels and calipers.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:50 AM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used all the above with great success in the past and could reccomend anyone of them but because I tend to prefer Carnuba waxes over synthetics (especially on metallic light colors), and because I like to wax my car often, (about once a month) my vote goes to....P21S. You can buy the whole kit for $50 - $60 price range (car wash, wheel cleaner, pre-wax, wax, etc). Pinnacle (a slicker look and feel) comes in 2nd but its very close (I find the clarity and depth of P21S to be slightly better). Groitsgarage.com also has good products and not just waxes but anything you could possibly imagine for your garage. If you don't like polishing your car and feel thats its just a hassle but won't let anyone else touch it, then Klasse "all in one" is for you. IMHO. Cheers.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 101 Posts

I have also used most of the above and find my all time favorite is P21S. The black 997 paint is not very forgiving and the P21S is the easiest to apply and take off. Zaino lasts longer but takes much longer to apply properly. I wax once a month and it takes me exactly 1 hour start to finish including washing (wheels don't take any time with PCCB's). The shine and depth are truly impressive. Even when the black car is dirty (which is shortly after washing) the depth of shine and brilliance still makes it look stunning. It's so easy and almost fun to apply, rubs on like baby oil and you don't have to worry about rubber and trim, etc. It probably wouldn't be my first choice on a white or silver car (Klasse AIO) since there are so many good products that last at least 6 mo.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:16 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I haven't tried P21S wax yet, but I love their high performance wheel cleaner. I buy it by the 5 liter jug on sale right now 20% off from http://www.carcareonline.com/specials.aspx They have monthly specials and this is one I always take advantage of when I'm running low. They offer free shipping on orders over $75. One of my favorite online stores for auto supplies.

I'll have to try their wax since I've been hearing so many positive reviews. I use Klasse AIO on my red calipers and on my wheels because of its durability. Yes, I polish and wax my calipers. I take the wheels off and spend at least fifteen minutes on each caliper. I probably shouldn't mention I polish and wax the inside of my wheels either when I have them off.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:38 AM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

OCben its nice to know that I am not the only **** one on this board. BTW I took the black cosmoline overspray off on the inside of my Carrera Classic rims and then..............................I polished them too (all 4 rims)!
Old 03-26-2005, 05:03 AM
Charlie944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote for Zaino, using the ZFX and Z7gloss enhancer between coats and I can certainly contest to the slippreness! It hazes and is dry in half to one hour per coat depending on humidity, can put it on in the sun if you like for quicker dry times. Looks awesome on darker cars, and it does last a while too. I always put on 3 coats and only used 0.5oz per 3 coats. The thinner the better! I have heard outstanding results on the autopia site (their concours buffing towel is awesome!) aforementioned on using the Klasse AIO and then P21S wax on top of it. Zaino also makes some terrific leather treatment that has a truly genuine leather smell. BTW: P21S just started marketing their metal polish soap to the USA market. I plan on using this for my Fikse FM-5's. Simicrome works wonders for those who like the paste.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Wax choice