Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjustable pedals...

Are the 997 pedals adjustable? Thanks!
Old 03-14-2005, 06:28 PM
PV
Pro

Yes, they are. The right one is adjustable for variable fuel delivery to the motor and its response can be changed if you add the chrono package, the left one is adjusting the breaking, with different breaking adjustments dependent on black, red or yellow breaks. I'm not sure about the middle one:-))

Just kidding: no, not that I know of.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Richard in Colorado
Racer

Originally Posted by danoberer
No, but IMO the seat adjustment in combo with the in/out/up/down steering wheel adjustment does make for comfortable driving position possibilities in the 997's.

Originally Posted by PV
Yes, they are. The right one is adjustable for variable fuel delivery to the motor and its response can be changed if you add the chrono package, the left one is adjusting the breaking, with different breaking adjustments dependent on black, red or yellow breaks. I'm not sure about the middle one:-)) Just kidding: no, not that I know of.
Good one!
Old 03-15-2005, 10:52 AM
PV
Pro

Agree with that. My orignal concern with the 911 was my seat positioning. However, the combination of seat adjustment (I guess almost a foot) and the steering wheel (up and down, in and out) makes it easy to find a good position. I'm not sure about the situation for short people reagrding the pedals.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by danoberer
..I will just say "No". I assume you were thinking of lowering the brake or raising the gas for better heel/toe usage?

If you add the Carnewal pedal set it will actually reduce the brake pedal height slightly (as you remove the rubber pad and replace it with a slightly thinner aluminum pedal cover) and it raises the throttle pedal up (because it adds an approx. 3/8" aluminum plate to the existing pedal) thus bringing their respective heights a bit closer..

HTH

Quick Reply: adjustable pedals...