Sponsored by:

SoCal, Ordering 997 S Vert, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 02:40 PM
BHANE
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=OCBen]Can:
I stopped by Pacific yesterday after work and saw the Guards Red 997S there. It has the tan (Savannah?) interior and the sports chrono. I spoke to the sales manager regarding a deposit on an order and he told me $2500, which is higher than the $2k for Newport and the $0 for Circle. QUOTE]

Cool... Nice to know you stopped by Pacific and checked out the Guards Red... They told me it had Black interior? They have 2 GR in stock? Did you speak to Sales Manager "Carl"? Hmm.. $2500 deposit huh, thats higher than I got qouted for.

OCBen, How well do you know people over at Circle? I will try calling them today, who do I ask for? Can I use you as a refference

Sorry for all the questions hehe...

Thanks in advance...
Old 02-23-2005, 03:27 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Bhane:
Well, I'm not sure if the one I saw at Pacific was an S but it did have the beige interior. I don't remember the sales mgr's name - tall fellow - but he told me $2500. Sounds like it's negotiable. At Circle you can call Chris Mehess or Michelle Larsson at 562-597-3663 and, by all means, tell them Ben from OC sent ya. (Maybe they'll throw in a key chain for me.) They both get in at 2 today. Like I mentioned before I have two identical orders in place: 1 at Newport (costing me the $2k deposit) and 1 at Circle with no deposit required. They both know that the first one to get me an allocation wins the sale!
Old 02-23-2005, 06:14 PM
anthement
Track Day

OCBen,
My salesperson at Pacific is Don Smittle. Although I can't say that I got a great deal on the car (still at MSRP), I have always been treated well at Pacific at by Don specifically (this was the 3rd car I've purchased from them and in addition to the "extras" I mentioned previously and the expedited allocation, I did not need to leave a deposit for the car).

While I have nothing negative to say about Newport (I usually take my cars there for service and purchased an Audi from them), I just feel more comfortable with the sales staff at Pacific (which I feel is important with the type of money I'm spending on this car - especially when dealing on the price is nominal).

I do have a couple of pictures of my Slate Grey 997s - unfortunately, its been raining most of the time I've been back in OC since picking up the car a few weeks ago. I will be at home this weekend and with a break in the weather will detail it up and post some pictures. I usually go with some type of grey for my cars - the last few Porsches I've had have been in Seal Grey and although I like that color, I decided to pony up the extra premium for the Slate Grey (a decision made easier once I saw it in person). It is a stunning color with more interesting elements than Seal.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:01 AM
BHANE
Advanced

Originally Posted by OCBen
Bhane:
Well, I'm not sure if the one I saw at Pacific was an S but it did have the beige interior. I don't remember the sales mgr's name - tall fellow - but he told me $2500. Sounds like it's negotiable. At Circle you can call Chris Mehess or Michelle Larsson at 562-597-3663 and, by all means, tell them Ben from OC sent ya. (Maybe they'll throw in a key chain for me.) They both get in at 2 today. Like I mentioned before I have two identical orders in place: 1 at Newport (costing me the $2k deposit) and 1 at Circle with no deposit required. They both know that the first one to get me an allocation wins the sale!
Thanks Ben! I will give it a shot at Circle and will do my best to get you that key chain hehe... How did that Guards Red look with beige interior?

Yeah one dealer (I will not say their name here) asked for $10,000. deposit, Yikes!!! I guess too many cancelations in their past experience and the car end up at the lot...

Im starting to shop and getting more info as I near my expected ordering date BTW, anyone know what average monthly payment would be on a lease 997 S around $92K-$96K? Just curious... I already know what my monthly car payment limit is with insurance...

Thanks again Ben, thanks everyone...
Old 02-24-2005, 01:20 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

BHANE: Lease Payment - $95K MSRP, no discount off MSRP, $500 lease fee, 4/yr lease, no cap reduction (down payment), .0021 money factor, lease payment (including Calif sales tax) is about $1,394/month.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:55 AM
BHANE
Advanced

Originally Posted by jcnesq
BHANE: Lease Payment - $95K MSRP, no discount off MSRP, $500 lease fee, 4/yr lease, no cap reduction (down payment), .0021 money factor, lease payment (including Calif sales tax) is about $1,394/month.
Thanks JC,

I thought it would be around that range... Im still safe

*Sigh... Cant wait for that day to come, my first Porsche!!!

*and my journey starts...*
Old 02-24-2005, 02:04 AM
cannga
Instructor

Hi,
Someone on one of these forum's recommended leasecompare.com. I have not used it personally but found it interesting. You might want to stop by the site and see.
One site I have used is leasecalculator.com. I thought it was pretty good.
Regards,
Can
Originally Posted by BHANE
Thanks Ben! I will give it a shot at Circle and will do my best to get you that key chain hehe... How did that Guards Red look with beige interior?

Yeah one dealer (I will not say their name here) asked for $10,000. deposit, Yikes!!! I guess too many cancelations in their past experience and the car end up at the lot...

Im starting to shop and getting more info as I near my expected ordering date BTW, anyone know what average monthly payment would be on a lease 997 S around $92K-$96K? Just curious... I already know what my monthly car payment limit is with insurance...

Thanks again Ben, thanks everyone...
Old 02-24-2005, 02:24 AM
OCBen
Banned

Bhane: I thought the Guards Red with that Sand Beige interior looked really sharp. I like the look of that beige better than that mustard looking color they had before. Looks real sharp. Btw, I told Chris and Michelle to expect your call. Allocations have been assigned for May, June, July. (See below.) There is one slot available for July so if you want it, you best jump on it and call Circle. Otherwise, it looks like an '06 for you my friend.

Finally got the call today. Allocation assigned. My car now on order. May production, July delivery.

997S
Seal Grey/ Stone Grey Full Leather
Stone Grey Floor Mats
Porsche Crest in Headrest
Power Seat Package
19" Carrera Classic Wheels
Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
Multi-function Steering Wheel
Delete Model Designation
GSM Module for PCM Phone
Navigation for PCM
Bose High End Sound Package
Old 02-24-2005, 02:38 AM
BHANE
Advanced

Originally Posted by OCBen
Bhane: I thought the Guards Red with that Sand Beige interior looked really sharp. I like the look of that beige better than that mustard looking color they had before. Looks real sharp. Btw, I told Chris and Michelle to expect your call. Allocations have been assigned for May, June, July. (See below.) There is one slot available for July so if you want it, you best jump on it and call Circle. Otherwise, it looks like an '06 for you my friend.

Finally got the call today. Allocation assigned. My car now on order. May production, July delivery.

997S
Seal Grey/ Stone Grey Full Leather
Stone Grey Floor Mats
Porsche Crest in Headrest
Power Seat Package
19" Carrera Classic Wheels
Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
Multi-function Steering Wheel
Delete Model Designation
GSM Module for PCM Phone
Navigation for PCM
Bose High End Sound Package

Thanks Ben, I will give Circle a buzz tommorrow... Does it really look sweet? The Guards Red and Beige??? Thats good news... I was messing around with "Build your Porsche" first with black leather, then sea blue interior. Notice the beige interior brightened the inside. I guess I will be wearing shades 24-7

Oh, why does it have to be one slot left, so much pressurrrrre hehe... Will they honor me with the $0.00000 deposit!

Thanks again, I owe you one...
Old 02-24-2005, 03:01 AM
OCBen
Banned

Sure, just make sure you tell them Ben from OC said you can order with zero deposit! Actually, that's their standard policy. I talked to them today and told them some guy named B. Hane will be callin'. So don't let me down now. I don't mean to add to the pressure but like I said Circle has that one slot available for July if you hurry. I got a call from Pacific today and they told me they had 8 slots available from May to July, but they had 8 customers in line with deposits. If one cancels out there may be a slot available for July. But it's a sure thing at Circle if it's still available by the time you call. How's that for added pressure?

Yeah, I think you'll really like that combo of Guards Red & Sand Beige. Like I said, Pacific had one there yesterday, hopefully it's still there so you can go check it out.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:25 PM
TerryR
Intermediate

"Allocations have been assigned for May, June, July. (See below.) There is one slot available for July so if you want it, you best jump on it and call Circle. Otherwise, it looks like an '06 for you my friend."

OC Ben, can you explain this a little for me? I'm planning to put my deposit down next weekend on a 997 S Cabriolet but I need to do the butt test to compare the standard seat to the sport seat first. The dealer I spoke with said it should only take about 3 months once by deposit is in. Is there a caveat to statement that I don't know about? Thanks Terry
Old 02-24-2005, 05:09 PM
OCBen
Banned

Terry:
As best I understand it, it goes like this. The production capacity of the Zuffenhausen plant is limited and can only crank out a limited number of Porsches per model year run. The production schedule is usually established by market projections; i.e. they project how many base Carreras they should build, how many S models, and how many Cabs (once these are given the green light for production.) Once they have projected what they will build, again based on how models are selling, etc., they then turn to their dealership base and allocate cars to them based on their sales performance: the higher volume dealerships understandably getting more allocated units. These allocations are issued in intervals of three months at a time. The allocation numbers that were released yesterday are for May, June, July production. If a dealership has a waiting list, the allocated cars are assigned according to that dealership's priority system (hopefully first come first served). Once the list is exhausted any remaining allocation can then be used by the dealer to order what they think would sell in their area.

Since I'm interested in a coupe, those allocation numbers are the only ones I'm concerned with. There may be more allocation set aside for cabs, but that's something you would need to find out from your dealer. The only caveat I can give you is to ask how many cabs they have been allocated and how many buyers are on the waiting list and where you fall in that list before plunking down your deposit.

Quick Reply: SoCal, Ordering 997 S Vert, need advice