Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s vs c6 vette

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005 | 01:07 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by smdb01us
Yet another Vette vs 911 post... man... why do we get into this?

Vettes STINK. There, I said it. Never driven one, never will. Straight line acceleration is less than 10% of the whole driving equation.
They've been relying on that muscle car image for so long. They were big agressive, mean looking cars for decades.

Lately they've decided to try to compete with Porsche and Ferrari with smaller better handling cars.

Trouble is they won't get rid of the absurdly over-played styling cues which make them look like Corvettes are supposed to look like.

That's why they "stink" in my opinion. They may be a different car, no longer just dragsters, but they still look and smell like muscle car crap.

Oh, I forgot: made by GM. Now THAT adds to their odor bigtime. As if GM could ever build high-end quality.
Old 02-24-2005 | 01:57 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

RE: GM Quality

I generally agree. My wife, however, drives a new Yukon XL Denalli and it is a very nice ride for what it is. Needed third row seating, and it has 350 hp, all wheel drive. Drives great on long trips.
Old 02-24-2005 | 02:07 PM
thomas
Instructor

Originally Posted by MMD
As if GM could ever build high-end quality.
http://www.hsv.com.au/index_new.html
Old 02-24-2005 | 02:17 PM
Billy Bob Dibble
Instructor

thomas, what is that link supposed to be? Please, tell me it is not an example of something you think is high-end quality.
Old 02-24-2005 | 02:51 PM
thomas
Instructor

Holden HSV (their performance line) and it is high quality. Plus, Holden backs their cars in the V8 Supercar Championship Series.
Old 02-24-2005 | 02:53 PM
thomas
Instructor

a video of a Holden HSV sedan with one of their drivers.

http://www.hsv.com.au/cars/vy2/video/premiere.wmv
Old 02-24-2005 | 03:04 PM
Billy Bob Dibble
Instructor

Originally Posted by thomas
Holden HSV (their performance line) and it is high quality. Plus, Holden backs their cars in the V8 Supercar Championship Series.
<musing>I should write a book on this stuff. In college I thought that physiology was a cheesy major. I find as I get older that this area is one of the few academic areas that I still find intriguing.</musing>

I totally believe you view this as high quality. I would refer you back to my earlier post about why these discussions are typically fruitless and why people can disagree on quality, cars, clothing, etc. to the degree that an agreement can never be reached.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...39#post1945739
Old 02-24-2005 | 03:05 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Dear thomas, you are certainly a good little trooper but because of your technique everytime you post you drive this ex-Corvette guy farther and farther from ever owning a Corvette again. You do that by simply reminding me of the 10% Corvette nit-wit fringe element that, among other things, thinks it is OK to post the PULP that you've been posting on a Porsche forum.

Personally, though I can't speak for everyone, I'm greatly amused that you continue to give me the opportunity to post the unflattering truth that I know to be true about Corvette from having spent hours and hours on a creeper under a Corvette; things that the VAST majority of people would not know about otherwise.

Dude, you wanna do Corvette a favor? You want to help sell Corvette? Then seriously, save up for one and drive her to the podium on race day... but since you'll almost certainly keep posting here let me ASSURE you that you're killing Corvette thomas, you and GM are killing her.
Old 02-24-2005 | 11:28 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Sorry, grabbed the wrong pic for my previous post. Meant to grab the C6 pic, but my comment is the same. Don't like the interior, and I think the new front end makes it look like a Firebird or Camaro. Love my 997, can't see myself driving a 'Vette. For one thing, I couldn't drive my kids to school in it. If you want a 'Vette, buy one, but you'll have a hard time convincing a 997 owner that he or she should have bought a 'Vette.

Quick Reply: 997s vs c6 vette