Sponsored by:

Military Overseas Sales?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 01:43 AM
nitmr26
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim H.

"No fun flying a desk". That's the understatement of the year. After 8 months of not dropping bombs, I'm ready to climb a water tower with a high powered rifle and a bucket of chicken. I have nothing but respect for my Eagle brethren. We flew against the F-15 bubbas while we were deployed to Kadena in 2000. That experience reinforced the fact I was destined to be an attack pilot and not a fighter pilot. I'm just glad they are on our side. Take care.

jason
Old 02-21-2005, 02:16 AM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 481 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by nitmr26
Jim H.

"No fun flying a desk". That's the understatement of the year. After 8 months of not dropping bombs, I'm ready to climb a water tower with a high powered rifle and a bucket of chicken. I have nothing but respect for my Eagle brethren. We flew against the F-15 bubbas while we were deployed to Kadena in 2000. That experience reinforced the fact I was destined to be an attack pilot and not a fighter pilot. I'm just glad they are on our side. Take care.

jason
Jason, you being here makes me envious. I was slotted for USAF Undergraduate Pilot Training at Lackland AFB, but then I got married and my wife wanted me to go JAG. My ROTC buddies are in phase 3 and flying T-38s

You being a harrier driver is a coincidence since I have one on my wall.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:04 AM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

All this talk of cars and jets makes me wanna get out my tools and fix some telephones...since i am only Enlisted but hey we are needed too right? Someone mentioned the old GT350's and the talk about jets led me to upload this pic. My buddies Shelby GT500 who is a SNCO in the USAF vi/photo AFSC. He took this pic while he was still stationed at Holloman AFB i believe, he also knows Mr. Shelby and does all the Shelby stuff. I'm trying to sway him into ordering a Porsche instead of a CSX Cobra. I mean he already has 2 "Mustangs", Gran Torino and a Ol' Ford truck so he could use some German engineering now.

harrY
Old 02-21-2005, 06:28 AM
nitmr26
Intermediate

Riotgear,

Nice pictures. The single seat is an AV-8B II "Night Attack" Harrier from VMA-211. It looks like it is flying in ranges near MCAS Yuma, Az. It's carrying a GAU-12 25mm gatling gun.

The other Harrier is a two seat TAV-8B from VMAT-203. They are used primarily for initial pilot training. I just finished a tour in that squadron as an instructor. I've flown that particular jet (#14) many times.

What photographer was credited with the TAV-8B picture? About 18 months ago an aviation photographer name Rick Linears took some pictures of two VMAT-203 TAV-8B's from the back of a KC-130. I was flying the lead jet, but I can't remember the tail number.

I love fast cars, but they pale in comparison to a 15,000 lb airplane with 23,400 lbs of thrust. Throttle slam, get airborne in about 500 feet, hit 400+ knots by the end of the runway, pull the nose up, and hang on...

cheers,
jason

Last edited by nitmr26; 02-21-2005 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:20 PM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Riotgear,

Nice pictures. The single seat is an AV-8B II "Night Attack" Harrier from VMA-211. It looks like it is flying in ranges near MCAS Yuma, Az. It's carrying a GAU-12 25mm gatling gun.

The other Harrier is a two seat TAV-8B from VMAT-203. They are used primarily for initial pilot training. I just finished a tour in that squadron as an instructor. I've flown that particular jet (#14) many times.

What photographer was credited with the TAV-8B picture? About 18 months ago an aviation photographer name Rick Linears took some pictures of two VMAT-203 TAV-8B's from the back of a KC-130. I was flying the lead jet, but I can't remember the tail number.

I love fast cars, but they pale in comparison to a 15,000 lb airplane with 23,400 lbs of thrust. Throttle slam, get airborne in about 500 feet, hit 400+ knots by the end of the runway, pull the nose up, and hang on...

cheers,
jason
Jason, the Harrier is an amazing platform. Looks like the only planes in my immediate future are prop driven. :|

Anyways, the photographer of my photo is indeed Rick. He must get around!
Old 02-21-2005, 01:21 PM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tetzlafh
All this talk of cars and jets makes me wanna get out my tools and fix some telephones...since i am only Enlisted but hey we are needed too right? Someone mentioned the old GT350's and the talk about jets led me to upload this pic. My buddies Shelby GT500 who is a SNCO in the USAF vi/photo AFSC. He took this pic while he was still stationed at Holloman AFB i believe, he also knows Mr. Shelby and does all the Shelby stuff. I'm trying to sway him into ordering a Porsche instead of a CSX Cobra. I mean he already has 2 "Mustangs", Gran Torino and a Ol' Ford truck so he could use some German engineering now.

harrY
Harry, that Shelby is awesome! The F-16 is even more awesome! Do you have a high res pic? I want that to be my background.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:29 PM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

riotgear-

I'll send you the pic as he sent to me. And yes pretty darn cool but I am a bit disgruntled with him in that he left all cars stored Stateside...could of brought one over just because, why not right?

harrY
Old 02-21-2005, 06:00 PM
nitmr26
Intermediate

Originally Posted by riotgear
Jason, the Harrier is an amazing platform. Looks like the only planes in my immediate future are prop driven. :|

Anyways, the photographer of my photo is indeed Rick. He must get around!

Riotgear,

What is the name of that calender? I would like to find a copy. Rick may get around, but I believe that picture came from his only opportunity to photograph the TAV-8B in flight. If that is the case, I'm pretty sure that's me in the front seat and my good friend "Gordo" in the back seat.

Tetzlafh,

Nice Shelby/Viper picture. That's a '67 isn't it. Very nice car.

Cheers,
jason
Old 02-21-2005, 10:23 PM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Riotgear,

What is the name of that calender? I would like to find a copy. Rick may get around, but I believe that picture came from his only opportunity to photograph the TAV-8B in flight. If that is the case, I'm pretty sure that's me in the front seat and my good friend "Gordo" in the back seat.

Tetzlafh,

Nice Shelby/Viper picture. That's a '67 isn't it. Very nice car.

Cheers,
jason
Jason,

Here are a couple pics from the calendar called Above and Beyond. I bought it at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum while I was at Andrews AFB this past summer. Here is a link to site that sells it.

Old 02-21-2005, 10:55 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,120 Likes on 620 Posts
Default http://www.pentagoncarsales.com/

Try these guys. They seem to only deal with BMW/SAAB/MINI, but they may know of others.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Micah
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Harry - Yeah, we're sucking rubber all the time with an ORI coming up soon. I'm headed back to Wright Patt after this for good, no more PCSs.

Jim,

When you get back to FFO, drinks are on me - C-21 pilot with the 54th

Micah
Old 02-21-2005, 11:31 PM
nitmr26
Intermediate

[QUOTE=riotgear]Jason,

Here are a couple pics from the calendar called Above and Beyond. I bought it at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum while I was at Andrews AFB this past summer. Here is a link to site that sells it.

Riotgear,

Thanks for the info. I will see if they have any left.

Back on the Porsche topic. How do you like your 997? Any suggestions or comments for somebody that's interested in a new Porsche? I was initially drawn to the 997S, but that may be out of my price range. I've read the magazine reports on the 997, but I would love to hear your comments on the "base" 997. Thanks.

jason

Last edited by nitmr26; 02-22-2005 at 06:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Military Overseas Sales?