Sponsored by:

Brake Fluid Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 11:05 AM
wbgordon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Fluid Warning Light

I purchased my 997 on Dec. 23, 2004. During the initial test drive, a warning light marked "Warning! Check Brake Fluid Level" appeared on the dash board. It reappeared four days later, after I had purchased the car, then every day thereafter for several days. The dealer sent an email to the factory asking for feedback, but the factory evidently hasn't heard nor seen of this problem. Two weeks ago, the dealer replaced the brake fluid reservoir, which includes a new float, and the problem disappeared for two days, then -- poof! -- it came back. As it was initially, the warning light would only come on every several days. Over the past three days, however, the warning light has once again started going off every time I fire up the car. The dealer is scratching its head, as is the factory. Anybody heard of this problem or know of a fix?
Old 02-14-2005, 11:14 AM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ask the dealer for a schematic of the brake warning system. Study it and find ALL the potential causes of getting voltage to the warning indicator light. Then have the dealer go through and R&R each of the componants until they find the cause. You have to remember that most of these so called techs have little knowledge of cars, except what their picture books shows them. They have no idea why they do something except that the book says to do it.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:02 PM
wbgordon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Dealer called today and said they are bringing in my car to replace the brake fluid reservoir for the second time. The factory says there are a bunch of bad reservoirs out in circulation. If anybody gets this problem, it may be a bad reservoir. I'll keep you posted if this fixes the problem. Thx.

Quick Reply: Brake Fluid Warning Light