Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what kind of wax?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 06:32 AM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Artic Silver and look for a wax that brings out the "depth" of the metallic paint so I shy away from the deep glossy look and stick with Carnauba base waxes like P21S (white color and no fragrence), PINNACLE signature series(yellow color), Zymol creme (blue color) or Griots Paste wax (purple color). the last three all have that hawian tropical coconut smell and the Zymol creme must be refrigerated. None of these waxes have cleaners in them so if your vehicle is not new or feels rough after passing the palm of your hand across the paint it will have to be prepped first with either clay (better) or some type of cleaner or polish. A second coat of pure wax 24 to 48 hours apart brings out the depth even more. Re-apply at least every 2 months. Zanio is fine if you prefer synthetics but their products are not compatable with too many other products so you should just stick with only "Zanio" unless you completely strip it down before switching to the Carnauba based products. I find most if not all of these products easy to use and remember never to let the Carnauba waxs fully haze over before wiping them off and never wax in the direct sunlight. Cheers!
Old 02-05-2005, 01:11 PM
SYMA
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I swear by P21S. Easy on and off, more durable than some might think. And an awesome depth.

Quick Reply: what kind of wax?