Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Financing Question - Anybody use "Porsche Options"?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Rasta
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Financing Question - Anybody use "Porsche Options"?

Curious to know if anybody has used Porsche Options to finance their car. Based on my understanding, it's kind of a hybrid between a lease and an outright loan. Like a lease, you are only charged interest on amount between the purchase price and the residual value. However, (unfortunately) it mimics a loan in the sense that you have to pay the sales tax up front on the full purchase price of th vehicle, AND you are given full title of the vehicle. At the end of the term, you return the car for a pre-agreed value, like a closed-end lease.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I live in NY state, and therefore am severly restricted in my leasing options due to the "vicarious liability" issue. The few companies that do offer leasing - Putnam, for one - offers open-ended leases, which I am not comfortable with.

Financing is the other route to go, but if I can minimize the monthly payment, whilst have the option of a full-buyout at the end of the term, maybe this a sensible alternative to consider.

Would love to hear any pro/con experiences.

I attach a link to the Porsche Options website:

http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/...ial/options.htm

Thx in advance.

Quick Reply: Financing Question - Anybody use "Porsche Options"?